Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-10, 07:56 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its awesome how nearly the entire engine sits behind the strut towers. The weight distribution has got to be much improved with that engine set in there.
Old 12-21-10, 07:58 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Hey, why cant you take that shift lever and flip it to the far side of the stub its bolted to? That should put it near center shouldn't it?
Old 12-21-10, 08:02 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow... It looks like it belongs in there. Very nice. You're not keeping that stock radiator are you? I love my Megan 3 core. Cheap and good.
Old 12-21-10, 08:10 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can practically stuff a 3S or SR transversely in front of that LS. Damn!

I don't know about you guys, but this thread gets my blood pressure going with excitement. Keep em coming!
Old 12-21-10, 09:19 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LunaVyohr
This is pretty damn amazing, I must say.
Thanks, Im extremely excited and cant wait to get it on the road.

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
wow fap fap.... what are the plans for the shifter ? looks awkward would love for it to sit like a getrag. And what kinda mod to do you nee dto do to the passanger side header ?
Im going to try to flip it around, but worst case I either heat it and bend it accordingly, or cut and weld. As for the passenger header, the flange hits the DGR mount, so Im going to notch the flange plate just a bit, but may also need to cut into the mount slightly.

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Its awesome how nearly the entire engine sits behind the strut towers. The weight distribution has got to be much improved with that engine set in there.
I was shocked when I put the stb on at how far back the engine actually is. I knew there was more room, but its shocking when you have something to judge the distance with.

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Hey, why cant you take that shift lever and flip it to the far side of the stub its bolted to? That should put it near center shouldn't it?
In theory, but I need to check and be sure that the bolts can be used from both sides, but thats first thing thats happening today.

Originally Posted by ishootstuf
Wow... It looks like it belongs in there. Very nice. You're not keeping that stock radiator are you? I love my Megan 3 core. Cheap and good.
No the stock radiator is just being used for mock up to check clearances right now, but either a Megan or Mishimoto will be in its place soon

Originally Posted by shern
You can practically stuff a 3S or SR transversely in front of that LS. Damn!

I don't know about you guys, but this thread gets my blood pressure going with excitement. Keep em coming!
I can stand sideways between the front of the engine and the radiator and have room to move easily, so I dont doubt an SR could fit.

But hey, Ill be the first to admit, after everything was in, I sat in my garage for about 40min just staring at the car
Old 12-21-10, 03:17 PM
evotom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey turbo, so you didnt have to make any mod to the hole for the shifter? how did u got the tranny to fit? I know millertime had to used a hammer to beat the tunnel to make the tranny fit on his......
Old 12-21-10, 03:23 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by evotom
hey turbo, so you didnt have to make any mod to the hole for the shifter? how did u got the tranny to fit? I know millertime had to used a hammer to beat the tunnel to make the tranny fit on his......

Yes I had to cut about 3'' forward to fit the shifter through the opening, but minimal hammering with the trans tunnel, but more on the firewall where it starts to tunnel down.
Old 12-21-10, 03:39 PM
JunFLR66
Rookie

Wow! very impressive.. will you be able to hook up AC and power steering? once you get it running you HAVE to post a video with good sound! can't deny the great sound a v8 makes.. Thing is going to roast the tires n/a.. and even more so when you boost it. Gonna be awesome man! keep up the good work!
Old 12-21-10, 03:52 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JunFLR66
Wow! very impressive.. will you be able to hook up AC and power steering? once you get it running you HAVE to post a video with good sound! can't deny the great sound a v8 makes.. Thing is going to roast the tires n/a.. and even more so when you boost it. Gonna be awesome man! keep up the good work!
Thanks, and yes the power steering is going to be easy, and may get hooked up tonight. The ac will require some custom lines, but not at the top of my list at the moment and the custom lines have already been sourced, just a phone call away. As for video, the initial start will be with open headers, so not to sure how well it will sound, but vids will be up asap.

As for updates, didn't do much today, but i did flip the shifter around, and it's perfect! Pics will be up later.
Old 12-21-10, 05:51 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great work turbodremz! ready to see how it performs.
Old 12-21-10, 07:13 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Thanks, and I cant wait to drive it, especially once the heads and cam are ready to go in. But once its running, we will see how the stock LS1 performs.
Old 12-21-10, 07:47 PM
sc3tech
Driver

wow that thing looks beautiful. cant wait to see her running strong
Old 12-21-10, 09:17 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

just saw the pics on page 5.. awesome work and great progress so far! so many questions but, I bet youre dying to start her up and do a test drive.. again, gl
Old 12-21-10, 10:40 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Getting ready to mod the crossmember, then drop the engine back in the car, pics will be up later tonight.
Any pix or tutorial of how the cross member needs to be modified? I'm assuming the oil pan then doesn't need to be cut and rewelded?
Old 12-22-10, 12:48 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Any pix or tutorial of how the cross member needs to be modified? I'm assuming the oil pan then doesn't need to be cut and rewelded?
Not yet. Once I figure out exactly what Im going to do with it, I will be sure and have it posted up in there. For now, I just simply cut the crossmember where needed

Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread