Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

New to the forum and have a 2007 Lexus is350 Starfire pearl Project car

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-10, 07:34 PM
ltzSupra
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U still didn't tell us how much u paid...lol jk its not our business if u don't want to tell us...
Old 12-04-10, 08:32 PM
LED guy
Former Sponsor

I would of taken the parts off when I went to see the car and take everything out. I was left alone there for quite awhile. I didn't have any tools, and I didn't have any of my replacement parts. They were in sf, and I was in sac.

Sucks to see it go seeing I did all the work myself.
Old 12-04-10, 08:37 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Whoa....Tim's car being rebuilt? Big job! Good luck! It was well taken care of until he thought he was The Dukes of Hazard! Welcome to CL.
Old 12-04-10, 08:40 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

small world! risky but good luck!
Old 12-04-10, 09:23 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow thats crazy. Tims car to Ny...so how much did you buy the car for? Seems like the question was avoided about 5 + times now . Thats if you dont mind sharing. If you do, i respect that and wont pester anymore.
Old 12-04-10, 09:39 PM
Andyis350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the luck guys!!! I payed $9,500 at the auction... $1100 to have it shipped and a little over a grand in parts currently.. close to $13,000 and I have no power steering lol... did the yaw test and zero point calibration, steering wheel moved twice.. so that should mean my power steering rack is Good? Please advise if Im wrong

The power steering rack is from a 2006 is250 that had 20K ( so the seller said)... bought it of ebay... might be my first mistake of many here

But like I said after performing the two tests, the steering wheel did move twice but still no power steering, do you have to turn the car on and off after the test? Am I missing a step?

Also I found out after reading some threads on here, that if you have aftermarket hid ballasts or even a bulb it can cause radio waves to have the power steering computer go bad?

Or Do I need to replace the ECU know?

Im stuck, its either a bad P.S. Rack... Computer... or h.i.d.

MAn this is one hell of a nightmare... If I ever do get this car fixed and driving I will be one hell of a happy camper, than I have the driver airbad wheel and knee airbag to replace, as well as the navi unit... dont have the face for the navi or cd changre

Oooo I am crying right now, SInce I am only 23 yrs old and learning all this as I go ... I am learning a lot though

I greatly APPRECIATE everyone reply and help, This is a great forum to be on !!!

Last edited by Andyis350; 12-04-10 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-04-10, 11:10 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many miles on it? that doesnt sound like too bad of a deal.
Old 12-04-10, 11:48 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Andyis350
Also I found out after reading some threads on here, that if you have aftermarket hid ballasts or even a bulb it can cause radio waves to have the power steering computer go bad?
there have been isolated cases of HID ballasts of inferior quality that can cause EMI issues, but those ballasts would have to be very cheaply made.

replacement HID bulbs (read: D4S bulbs) should not create any interference with the power steering. i have not read any cases of aftermarket D4S bulbs causing EMI issues

easiest way to find out is to revert the lighting system back to oem specifications. if that 2is came with aftermarket HID's, unplug them. if the problem still persists, then you know it's not the HID's. granted, this may not fix your power steering issue, but at least you know that the HID's aren't contributing to your issues.

i applaud your DIY spirit, but you should have known what you were getting into with a salvage title 2is. considering how many electronic nannies there are in the 2is, more often than not it won't just be a simple "swap the parts" fix. nonetheless, i wish i had the means to do this, so it's quite admirable what you're doing. as such, i wish you the best of luck.

oh, and welcome to clublexus.
Old 12-05-10, 12:35 AM
Andyis350
Driver School Candidate

Thank you projectdna, First of, I greatly appreciate your compliments. I have been looking for this type of vehicle for the past yr and a half ( White ith black interior)

Secound, yes that is what I will try today and see what happens with a post after,

third, the problem was I did not see any of the damage underneath the vehicle ( In the pictures) I am from ny and the car was in cal.... I took a huge risk ending in a HUGE Disadvantage in my end, the auction these days does a great job hiding damage, so the insurance company can recover there money and the auction make there money of the fees. I thought I just needed a new front bumper and I would have to play with the interior. pic below of front end, Thank you though !!!

Old 12-05-10, 01:51 AM
vinconist
Pole Position

you can see the fender damage, that pretty much means thats the wheel was pushed back, sucks, hope it works out for u
Old 12-05-10, 08:39 AM
Sperry
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Andyis350
how she currently Sits,, ( way to low, know I see how the damage was so sever, idk why someone would ever lower the vehicle this low!!!!
Lol..Welcome to CL!!
Old 12-05-10, 10:22 AM
LED guy
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sperry
Lol..Welcome to CL!!
I was ROFL-ing. He's going to hate most of the cars here on the forum.

Andy I hope you know you'll need to put it on the frame rack.

Truthfully, if a auction was selling a car for 9500 retailing for 30k, I would suspect something is wrong. If its too good to be true, then something is fishy
Old 12-05-10, 03:32 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow what a big task... GL wit that homie.
Old 12-05-10, 03:37 PM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There's hope. It's going to take a long time if you want to be easy on your wallet. Take your time, you will find deals on good used parts. It just takes patience. I know it's exciting to be able to have a nice car like this but just hang tight and your patience will pay you well.

Learn with this car, and that will be the biggest gain.
Old 12-06-10, 12:06 PM
Andyis350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Micaiah, the way it is looking I wont be keeping the car

Cannot get the power steering rack to engage, could be a bad rack, computer or I dont even know anymore, me and my father have gotten so far but stuck.. These computers these days are so sophisticated its insane... Even if I do get the power steering to work, than I have the two airbags to worry about, thats $1800 FROM DEALER, than I need a new nav. unit, I have the screen, and disc changer just the face is missing

got screwed pretty bad, but what am I going to do...

Quick Reply: New to the forum and have a 2007 Lexus is350 Starfire pearl Project car