Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My ´97 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-15, 01:01 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 70 Posts

Last week, a friend helps me to polish my car. The first since 18 years! the paint was ingood quality and not really dirty from old polish, wax,....

cleaning

first round on the hood. look on the roof, this was the paint before! only cleaned..crazy matt color

break!

finished!

and yesterday a small meeting with friends in the sun

greets

Tom
Old 07-16-15, 05:02 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi!

Little update

Now is a original european licence plate holder from a IS300 installed, fits perfect on the SC

before:

now:

i changed the oil in the diff from purple royal 85W140 for LSD to a Motul PA90, this is a mineral oil, no syntetic. Works perfect i changed this to see, if maybe go the little noise away on long time straight driving over 80mph, but no different to the syntetic oil.

left Motul, right Purple Royal

3 weeks ago, it was a toyota/lexus meeting here in Austria in the mountains, but 3 days of rain :/

near 240 cars this year

Next part is arrived, a original TRD short shifter for the tripod W58/R154 from RHDJAPAN. I change the NST Shifter to the TRD, the NST goes for me to strong to shift.

next week, the original exhaust system from Soarer 1JZ-GTE comes to me to modify and install on my SC

greets

Tom
Old 11-26-15, 11:40 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi!

Update time

The TRD Shifter is modified and installed, the shifts much better as the NST, both good, but the TRD much better. The TRD is a little bit harder to shift, but i love this here pictures from the modification to fit for my setup.

remove NST shifter

NST vs TRD

modifications....

ready! not much optical difference, but shifts firmer and you can feel the better quality.

Old 11-26-15, 11:53 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Next....

i bought a Soarer 1JZ-GTE midpipe to modify. This is a work for the winter. change the resonators to glasspacks, y-piece remove and 2 3/4" pipe weld on. I think, this is a good upgrade in OEM style.

I had problems with my 3.76 diff housing, i removed and installed back for a long time the pinion shaft. but i damaged the bearing and the diff makes more and more noise

Ok.. i swapped the TRD LSD back in the 4.08 housing with the i bought this LSD. The gears now 10% shorter not really ideal for the highway, but much more fun on mountain streets

the speedometer is correct with the W58 and the 4.08, no adjustment with the yellow box needed.

open vs TRD

help from my daughter Caroline he loves to work on daddys summer car

ready to install!

here a short video from a testdrive

Old 11-27-15, 12:28 AM
Boergy
Advanced

I was with friends for one day on a small race circuit in austria. wet drifting just for fun. it makes with the TRD and MT much more fun to drift, but its more difficult as with the AT and the Torsen diff on long curves. More grip with the 265/35/18 tyres, no small for the rear

with the IS rookies

Old 11-27-15, 12:43 AM
Boergy
Advanced

I had sometimes vibrations from the driveshaft.. i was not really happy, its not Lexus like

My first test was to fit the transmission bracket lower to have space between the stopper and the tranny in the insulator. The V8 and the W58 push more to rear down on the insulator.

with 4 nuts and longer screws was this possible for a test. And yeah! no vibrations more!

But the driveshaft was no longer in a line transmission - center bearing - diff

ok.... insulator removed and modified. i cutted the stopper and the stopper nose. now no contact more and the driveshaft is straight!

problem solved

i orderd from vividracing a new Spec Stage3+ clutch disc. the stage 3 is to rough for a daily, many friends using the 3+ in GT4´s, 350Z´s and other cars without shacking, rattle.

A used back cover of a Lexus IS200 automatic steering wheel boughti from a friend. i hope to reactivate the cruise control.

Lest week, i removed the Volk wheels, cleaned the car fo the winter sleep. Here in Austria is now winter, my SC has never seen a snow or salt in his life

greets

Tom
Old 11-27-15, 06:13 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Very cool! You have been busy! Do you have any pictures of the IS200 cover installed? I don't know why I never thought about that, I've always thought the SC cover fit to the updated wheel was pretty far off..
Old 11-28-15, 08:45 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi!

Thanks!

No.. maybe next week i change the back cover to the AT cover. I installed in my car a IS200 MT steering wheel, the black is not the original

original 97 SC4 wheel

greets

Tom
Old 04-05-16, 12:04 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi!

The winter is gone, and i find sometimes time to to some work onmy SC

yesterday was the CruiseControl Switch to do. I would to use the CC with my MT, but the original CC from the 4s-spoke wheel fits not in the 3-spoke from the IS

i found a used rear part from a AT wheel for 10 Euros perfect for my car.

test to fit the SC CC in the IS wheel..

new rear part

SC CC switch

no space

okey.. i need a IS CC switch

I found one in UK for a good price and ordered this

in the time between, i looked in the manuals to see the values for the functions. here a "best of" all informations the wire colors are not the same as from the switches! the the colors of the wires in back from the contact ring.

here SC vs IS CC switch

and here the 3 resistors for the functions!

The restistors are very small 3,6x1,8mm, the type is MF0204. i bought resistors with this values: 69/130/220 ohm and changed this with the original resistors for each function. not easy, the place are small to weld it, looks not good, but works

i changed the IS resistors to the SC values:

240 to 69 ohm (resume/accel)
390 to 130 ohm (set/coast)
910 to 210 ohm (cancel)

Last edited by Boergy; 04-05-16 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-05-16, 12:51 PM
Boergy
Advanced

The SC cc use 3 wires for the CC, the IS cc use 2x2 wires. The on/off switch is white- white/black on the SC switch and the red and the white is for the functions.

The IS cc have 2 small black wires for the on/off switch and the white - red for the function. I cutted the red one, and give a new pin, and the white with the other black cable put i to the next pinhole. On the picture is the right wiring to use it in the SC i testes all functions with the multimeter and now are all the same as on the original SC CC switch

finished

tomorrow i will install the switch in my car and maybe i test it on road
Old 04-07-16, 11:50 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi!

now install from the CC switch in my SC

airbag remove

plug change

installed!

yeah!! the cruise lamp goes on/off!

snapshots

on weekend comes rain i want to start the correct wiring to use the CC with MT

greets

Tom
Old 11-06-16, 11:20 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Hi!

Long time no update, sorry.

The cruise control works fine! all functions ok! i was on two car meetings and its great to drive with the CC. But for long trips is the 4.08 maybe to short. For 130km/h (80mph) revs the engine on near 3200u/min with the W58 gearbox. Maybe i change the winter time my TRD 2-Way in the original 3.92 housing to lower the rpms. But its very funny to drive with the short diff

Next step was to install the Tein Uniball mounts... looks easy, but is it not! Here we need insulators for the damper, and the original parts don´t fit. I used from a Hyundai Santa Fe the parts for the suspension. The rear was easy to install.

okey... not good

part puzzle

first insulator was from a VW, but to short

modified oem stopper, i think from the Supra parts with glue to fix in the Santa Fe insulator

Old 11-06-16, 11:25 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Tein Manual

installed

installed with the Strut

next side Dog Security for my SC

DONE! the car sits a little bit lower as before (no rubber between mount and spring more!)
Old 11-06-16, 11:34 AM
Boergy
Advanced

In the meantime comes the Spec Stage 3+ Disc and the Sachs throwout bearing for the Ram cylinder. More to this later.....

On the front mounts was a big problem! the centering ring was to small. The Spring have inner diameter 96mm, and the mount have 87 or so. On a lathe from a friend crafts i my own rings to center the spring from a alloy piece.

ready to install before welded my friend the rings on the Tein mounts

Old 11-06-16, 11:44 AM
Boergy
Advanced

But i was too exactly with the diameter. with the grinding disc was this no problem to correct.

oem mount vs Tein

modifiy stopper and prepare for install

best tool ever for springs!

it is night.....

a seal from a Gardena Adaptor fits perfect as dust cap

front mounts DONE!

The SC is a little bit lower, by hard cornering and fast driving contacts the wheel the inner fender, but its ok

Quick Reply: My ´97 SC400