Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

BostonSC4's Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-10, 01:22 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BostonSC4's Official Build Thread

Hey everyone, I figure I will make one of these since it seems that most of the devoted members here own one. This will be a thread that I update everytime I get something new instead of just making new threads. It will be like my car's facebook to say the least. Alright well here is the story. From day one til present. My first car was a 99' altima which I delivered pizza in. The altima needs a tranny so I talk to my boss about what I should do. He says, well my buddy has a Lexus thats beautiful that he doesn't drive. it just sits there. Needless to say I was all over it.

1993 SC400, 150k miles, auto, Midnight Indigo on tan, viper 2way alarm system, boston acoustic speakers, new tires, plenty of other maintenance up keep.

$4,500

The very next thing I did was pick me up some reliable 8k HID's. it seems over time that the "blue" has lost its strength and has become more white which needless to say I like better.

Next, I decided to get an exhaust system. It is catback pipe to new mufflers. Not sure of the diameter of the pipe, I think its 2 1/4 or 2.5 not sure. The muffers are high flow custom mufflers with 3" tips. Sorry for the short video clip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoDOJtEGigI
here is a good picture of them on the car.

Next I wasn't really too sure of where to go since I'm only a college kid without a huge income, so at this point the mods kind of went on hold for a while. Over this time I fixed little things here and there. I replaced radiator hoses, got a full tune up, got a K&N intake filter, totally repaired my cluster with ES300 needles back to new condition, tried to fabricate a home depot lip but failed miserably...I'm probably going to give it another try this summer with a JDMmuscle style depot lip. I did a full LED conversion of the front end with my HID's. The cornering lamps are modded to come on with the side markers and city lights (second click on headlight control lever) The city lamps and new fogs are the same color white LED bulb. It looks fantastic when on together without the HID headlights just yet. I'll take pics of that soon within two weeks. (spring break)
Next, the mod bug bit me again. I picked me up some 97 tails (thanks 1uz-GS)

After that, I realized my SC has finally begun to look like something. It finally left the "stock 92-94" look. Next, I decided a good thing to do would be to tackle the audio.
Here is the thread I made if anyone is interested on the official write up of that install. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-pictures.html

I'll post some pictures for those just sight seeing.

Here is a little video my buddy and I made. It shows how nice the car looked with the 97 tails

My newest mod so far that is not yet installed since I'm at school right now is a full Supra TT OEM suspension. It came off an MK4 with 38k miles on it!

When I go home over spring break (March 5th -14th) I will be installing the suspension. I simply cannot wait to see where this project will go. I plan on keeping this SC indefinitely. It has 165k on it now and drives better than my mom's 2000 camry with far less miles. It needs nothing mechanically, gets 20mpg (29mpg on the highway ONE time) Looks fantastic, drives incredibly, and a used 1UZ will always be cheaper than a new car. I hate being away from it right now, its unregistered since I'm a freshman in college and cannot have a car on campus til next year. The big day I'm looking forward to is around May 15th, the day it gets put back on the road. Then I can get my job back, get my income back, and let the mods continue. I'm not looking to go over the top with the car. My mods are tasteful and subtle.

Future Plans: Mesh style rims, 97 front bumper, LED matching side markers, clear corner lenses, fix my ripped driver seat cushion, get an amp so my sub can pound again, supra lowering springs, get my strut bar to fit, clean the fuel injectors, and most importantly keep on ballin'

Thank you everyone for reading my thread and contribute what you will.

Derek
Old 02-25-10, 01:39 PM
iduntnoega
Driver

Nice Sc, i love that color, how much did you get your stereo for? gl with build
Old 02-25-10, 01:46 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iduntnoega
Nice Sc, i love that color, how much did you get your stereo for? gl with build
hey thanks a lot man. The stereo was 175, the single din install kit was 30, and the aftermarket harness was 20.

its worth it its got tv capability, dvd capability, reverse camera, bluetooth hands free calling, video in and out, anything you really need.
Old 02-25-10, 01:47 PM
iduntnoega
Driver

it looks like it sticks out of the dash a little?
whered you buy it at?
Old 02-25-10, 01:53 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iduntnoega
it looks like it sticks out of the dash a little?
whered you buy it at?
ehh, it sticks out a tad bit much for my liking, but it was a custom fit. the metra install kits really are terrible, stinks its the only kit made for an SC. i got it at www.cruthfield.com

you should read the thread on the install for that.
Old 02-25-10, 02:06 PM
iduntnoega
Driver

dang bro sounds like hard work, but damn you did a clean job, im actually thinkin of buyin that valor, it has so many features for 175, Ill use your thread for reference.
Old 02-25-10, 02:22 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sweet build so far! gl on the suspension
Old 02-25-10, 02:29 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

ur going in a good direction
Old 02-25-10, 02:48 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonSC4
ehh, it sticks out a tad bit much for my liking, but it was a custom fit. the metra install kits really are terrible, stinks its the only kit made for an SC. i got it at www.cruthfield.com

you should read the thread on the install for that.
www.crutchfield.com

Looks great, Derek! Glad you still like the tails.
Old 02-25-10, 03:02 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey make sure u take a before and after pic with that suspension... glwb!!!
Old 02-25-10, 03:04 PM
Scotty
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice SC, indigo is a great color. I looked for one for quite a while in that color with no luck, had to settle for jade green.

I actually really like the Metra kit with the exception of the bracketing that it comes with. The SC Metra kit is designed for an ISO mount setup, which uses the brackets the kit comes with and bolts the stereo in from behind. In an ISO setup the radio cage isn't used and the trim ring also isn't normally installed.
Old 02-25-10, 03:34 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh what???? Whats going on here Derek? ... I'll keep an eye out on your build ... And I thought you don't have access with the car for a while too... hhhmmmm
Old 02-25-10, 04:44 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything is coming along nicely!
Old 02-25-10, 06:13 PM
kpkim01
Lead Lap

awww man...i cant wait to see the suspension on that. how much drop are you supposed to get from those?
Old 02-25-10, 06:18 PM
zhillz
Lead Lap

Nice!

Midnight Indigo is the ****!

Quick Reply: BostonSC4's Official Build Thread