Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

My GS350 (Job Design, SSR, Project u, etc...)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 09:44 AM
LexFather

Henry, you did it again. SUperb, just beyond superb!!
Old 05-18-09, 10:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thanks again guys, appreciate it!

Originally Posted by jre002
Any rubbing? Looks good, BTW.
actually now i got a bit rubbing in the back, but that's coz' i haven't worked on the rear bumper. before i installed the kits, both front and rear fenders have been modified quite heavily and they was no rubbing unless hitting some very deep dips

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Henry, you did it again. SUperb, just beyond superb!!
lol, how come i did expect to see something funny like this from you mike!

now it's your turn!

Originally Posted by chrispy
Looks great Henry! Hope I see you around.
yeah how come i don't see you on 73 again anymore? we gotta check each other's schedule

Originally Posted by BKE420
Henry....great work. your ride looks very clean. i remember those pics you posted of your blue 2GS. getting to old...you crack me up man.
oh man, let's just say a morning of battle on putting on the grille and other misc stuff, all the sweat, and aching back, i swear i said this is it

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Car looks GREAT..........Def one of the best modified 3GS cars.

I especially like the wheels and the front bumper/grill........not feeling the mesh part on the rear though.
yup, i wasn't sure about the rear mesh too, thought about filling up those as well. but then it would look pretty bland coz' there aren't much creases on it like the stock bumper. good point though
Old 05-18-09, 10:32 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i wonder how much custom fabrication would cost.

we have shops here in the US that could do that, without all the JDM and currency exchange headaches
Old 05-18-09, 10:41 AM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is a sick ride you got there !!!
Old 05-18-09, 11:10 AM
KIEUGS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clean!!!! nice work
Old 05-18-09, 11:17 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice.. too bad the brake ducts on the front bumper has been filled.. not sure how much it helps but i thought it was a cool update for our new gs's.. this is my favorite kit so far and i hope to get one sometime next year should things go well.. nicely done rominil!
Old 05-18-09, 11:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i wonder how much custom fabrication would cost.

we have shops here in the US that could do that, without all the JDM and currency exchange headaches
it's not going to be cheap since they charge by hours and their hourly rate racks up pretty fast. i got an estimate before and it wasn't much more beneficial.

for jdm stuff, exchange and shipping rate are the two main issues i guess. i have never had any problem ordering jdm stuff and their ETA are always very predictable. it sux though that now oil price drops so much but shipping does NOT!

Originally Posted by beez43
very nice.. too bad the brake ducts on the front bumper has been filled.. not sure how much it helps but i thought it was a cool update for our new gs's.. this is my favorite kit so far and i hope to get one sometime next year should things go well.. nicely done rominil!
ah good that you brought it up. to me actually those 2 triangles were my biggest problem on the bumper, just didn't think they look good so had them filled.

interesting enough, those brake ducts in the front won't really help coz' in order to fit this jdm bumper on our us spec cars, the two air channels at the bottom where it draws air to the brakes, they have to be removed in order to clear (and more parts need to be taken off too). so those ducks wouldn't have been able to do anything at all. as of now, with a few bottom panels removed, actually air will just get sucked in through the middle and go "everywhere"
Old 05-18-09, 12:23 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks a lot of panels and such could not be kept.. i like the fact that our undercarriage seems so dynamic.. ill try to find a way to keep as much stock parts as i can when i get this kit sometime in the near future.. reason being is that my hid ballasts for the fogs are tied around the air ducts... hmm.. im sure ill figure something out whether to cut part of it or whatnot..
Old 05-18-09, 12:30 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn!! what a liar Mr. I am broke bad recession/economy my ***!

car is so beautifully modded! I like a man that has taste and princples.. ok, why am i hitting on him, i should stop now
Old 05-18-09, 12:43 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

not bad at all.....like the car a lot.
Old 05-18-09, 01:16 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

nice mod on the bumper, lookin good meng
Old 05-18-09, 01:27 PM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

DANG!!!! nice car finally got the upgrade.... :P it didnt take you that long. Is that front bumper Job Design also? it doesnt look like it for some reason.
Old 05-18-09, 01:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by beez43
that sucks a lot of panels and such could not be kept.. i like the fact that our undercarriage seems so dynamic.. ill try to find a way to keep as much stock parts as i can when i get this kit sometime in the near future.. reason being is that my hid ballasts for the fogs are tied around the air ducts... hmm.. im sure ill figure something out whether to cut part of it or whatnot..
oh i am sure you can get it to fit. just think of it this way. us spec cars a lot of times have "longer" front bumper coz' of the crash requirement. so all you need to do is just trim down the ducts front part and it will be no problem. with with the other panels. i didn't want to cut things up that's why i just opted for taking them out.

also the crush foam won't fit as well (unless you want to trim a lot). the crush bar yes you get to keep, but the foam in front is significantly larger than the space allowed

Originally Posted by whlkev
damn!! what a liar Mr. I am broke bad recession/economy my ***!

car is so beautifully modded! I like a man that has taste and princples.. ok, why am i hitting on him, i should stop now
sigh kev, i have no idea you hit on me this much

but seriously. only if you know how much i got this kit for, compared to what i would have paid for one from japan it was a quick call i had to make in days!

Originally Posted by Heng350
DANG!!!! nice car finally got the upgrade.... :P it didnt take you that long. Is that front bumper Job Design also? it doesnt look like it for some reason.
haha i am glad that the front doesn't look like JD anymore yup, everything is job design even the front bumper. but you can take a look here at the original one

and you can see what i have modified

Last edited by rominl; 05-18-09 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-18-09, 02:26 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

modifiiiiiiiiiied !

yeah, i don't like job's wacky designs.

the triangles just don't flow with the car.
Old 05-18-09, 03:06 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Beautiful Henry!

Javier

Quick Reply: My GS350 (Job Design, SSR, Project u, etc...)