Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Suction Cup Stain on Dashboard

 
Old 05-09-19, 08:00 PM
  #1  
meh9
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: AZ
Posts: 20
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suction Cup Stain on Dashboard

I have a stain on my dashboard from a suction cup on a phone mount. I don't have any experience cleaning the dashboard on my 2015 ES. What would be the best way to remove this stain? Thanks.
meh9 is offline  
Old 05-10-19, 05:00 PM
  #2  
chinee
Lead Lap
 
chinee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: FL
Posts: 505
Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts
Default

Try warm soap and water. Woolite or dish soap, a weak solution, work it in well, but gently, with a MF towel.
chinee is offline  
Old 05-11-19, 11:37 PM
  #3  
meh9
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: AZ
Posts: 20
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Thanks for the suggestion. That removed about 90% of the stain. The remaining 10% kind of looks like it's baked into the vinyl.
meh9 is offline  
Old 05-12-19, 03:27 AM
  #4  
Freds430
Lexus Test Driver
 
Freds430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 897
Received 159 Likes on 124 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by meh9 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. That removed about 90% of the stain. The remaining 10% kind of looks like it's baked into the vinyl.
Try another application and use a soft toothbrush to get into the grain. Towel won't get into the grain.
Freds430 is offline  
Old 05-12-19, 02:37 PM
  #5  
chinee
Lead Lap
 
chinee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: FL
Posts: 505
Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts
Default

If it's the suction cup that has the adhesive, you might need a solvent like googone, but I would be afraid to put googone on the dash. Research adhesive solvents and see if there one that's recommended for sensitive surfaces.
chinee is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: