Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Anyone know how to repair the steering wheel scuff?

Old 05-05-19, 07:34 PM
DMPesso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone know how to repair the steering wheel scuff?

Not a big deal but it bothers me. Wondering if anyone knows of a product that can fix these type of scratches. Itís not the leather itís that plastic or whatever the wheel is made of.
Old 05-06-19, 04:39 AM
Freds430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 159 Likes on 124 Posts

Where I live my local Lexus dealership uses an independent leather repair company. Have used them twice once for leather and once for vinyl around the radio that they tore trying to remove the radio. They did a fantastic job. Sure that spot is some time of vinyl. They will be able to fill in the spot and match but the grain there might be a challenge to match. Any way sure will look a lot better. Good luck. Call your local Lexus dealers and see if they use a similar company.
Old 05-06-19, 07:00 AM
DMPesso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, now Iím searching interior repair places. Thereís a few. Shouldnít be expensive for that little scuff. I bet if I send a pic without the Lexus symbol on the wheel theyíre gonna quote me less.

Originally Posted by Freds430 View Post
Where I live my local Lexus dealership uses an independent leather repair company. Have used them twice once for leather and once for vinyl around the radio that they tore trying to remove the radio. They did a fantastic job. Sure that spot is some time of vinyl. They will be able to fill in the spot and match but the grain there might be a challenge to match. Any way sure will look a lot better. Good luck. Call your local Lexus dealers and see if they use a similar company.
Old 05-07-19, 05:34 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree. Call your dealer. This is not a very expensive repair but it is in a very visible spot. Any savings you might get would be offset by the risk of using a vendor who is not linked to the dealer. Plus your time has value. I had a much larger rip in the leather seat. The repair cost me $75 and it is 100% undetectable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: