Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Which woolite to use for leather cleaning 6:1

Old 01-31-19, 09:58 PM
actright
Rookie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Which woolite to use for leather cleaning 6:1

Been seeing around the forums about using woolite as a leather cleaner 6:1, but there are several kinds? which one to use to mix with water to clean leather seats?

woolite laundry gentle cycle
woolite carpet and upholstry
woolite delicates

Old 02-01-19, 12:09 AM
ultimase
Driver

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

I just went to the store and picked up the smallest bottle of normal woolite there was.
Old 02-01-19, 06:30 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

The original plain, no frills Woolite. Better yet, go to Dollar Tree and get the bottle of "Wool Wash" and have a 10 year supply for $1. Same stuff. No great secret ingredients in the brand name product. It's just a mild surfactant-based low sudsing non-soap detergent.
Old 02-01-19, 08:58 AM
actright
Rookie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by AnthonyMJ View Post
The original plain, no frills Woolite. Better yet, go to Dollar Tree and get the bottle of "Wool Wash" and have a 10 year supply for $1. Same stuff. No great secret ingredients in the brand name product. It's just a mild surfactant-based low sudsing non-soap detergent.
haha 10 year supply for $1! thats whats up, down with the cost savings!
Old 02-03-19, 11:55 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Also remember that you are not really cleaning leather. With a few exceptions in the very expensive models, all Lexus leather is coated with polyurethane. You are basically cleaning the plastic coating. No special treatments or concern needed.
Old 02-05-19, 08:11 AM
blizzhy
Driver School Candidate

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have not tried Woolite for interior cleaning, but I heard good reviews about it.
Old 02-05-19, 09:31 AM
GunnyFitz
Lexus Test Driver

Liked 120 Times in 101 Posts

WOOLITE FOR LEATHER???? smh
Old 02-05-19, 12:40 PM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz View Post
WOOLITE FOR LEATHER???? smh
It's what several manufacturers recommend. Remember you aren't cleaning leather. It's polyurethane-coated. So you're really just cleaning plastic. (I chuckle when I hear people talking about "conditioning" their leather seats.) The combo of soaps (not detergents) and anionic surfactants in wool washes are better formulated for lifting stains than most plain detergent-based cleaners.

Last edited by AnthonyMJ; 02-05-19 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-20-19, 09:31 PM
thallium
Driver

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyMJ View Post
It's what several manufacturers recommend. Remember you aren't cleaning leather. It's polyurethane-coated. So you're really just cleaning plastic. (I chuckle when I hear people talking about "conditioning" their leather seats.) The combo of soaps (not detergents) and anionic surfactants in wool washes are better formulated for lifting stains than most plain detergent-based cleaners.
What's the diff between soaps and detergents? Also earlier you said this: "it's just a mild surfactant-based low sudsing non-soap detergent."

Huh? First you said it is a non-soap detergent then you said the combo of soaps in wool wash (not detergents) are better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: