Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Diamond Gloss vs Zaino vs Jescar vs old fashioned wax vs....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-18, 05:03 AM
ShrinkDoc
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Diamond Gloss vs Zaino vs Jescar vs old fashioned wax vs....

Lots of products out there. What do you guys use and why?
Old 06-05-18, 06:58 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Ceramic nano coatings are becoming the "go-to" for paint protection as they can provide many benefits that simply were not possible with traditional waxes and sealants...

Paint Coatings: Why You Should Give Them a Shot by Reece @ DI

Some of my personal favorite options for paint coatings are:
Gyeon Mohs (consider Gyeon Syncro Kit if budget allows)
GTechniq Crystal Serum Light

If those products don't interest you, silica based spray sealants are a nice alternative to traditional products as well. These are insanely quick and easy to use and can provide similar durability and protection than an old fashioned wax or sealant (often times more).

Some of my personal favorite options are:
Gyeon Cure (spray on, wipe off)
Gyeon WetCoat (spray on, rinse off)
The following 2 users liked this post by zmcgovern4:
nvK (07-29-18), ShrinkDoc (06-05-18)
Old 06-05-18, 03:54 PM
autotech13
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 143 Posts

Hi zmcgovern4. I've been using Zaino products for years now and had very good results. I just tried the "Clear Seal" and what a difference it made. The shine is even deeper than before. I'm very pleased.
What do you think about Zaino?
Thanks.
Wayne
Old 06-05-18, 09:16 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I have only used Zaino, Zaino makes good products. They are more sensitive to a clean finish to apply on and it is generally a two step process and they are too pricey. A good product is Blackfire Wet Diamond, lasts a long time, good protection, easy to apply and take off, a little pricey but good.
Old 06-06-18, 07:17 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by autotech13
Hi zmcgovern4. I've been using Zaino products for years now and had very good results. I just tried the "Clear Seal" and what a difference it made. The shine is even deeper than before. I'm very pleased.
What do you think about Zaino?
Thanks.
Wayne
Hi Wayne - to be honest I have never been bitten by the "Zaino Bug". It is a product line that is rarely mentioned in the professional world, but it does seem to capture the attention of many enthusiasts.

My personal philosophy on all things car care is simply this - find some products that you like, and use them often.

I am fortunate enough to be able to test/evaluate all sorts of new products as they hit the market, and while some are truly revolutionary, others are nothing special and I find myself sticking to some of the simple/basic chemicals that I have used for many years. If Zaino products meet all of your needs, no point in trying to convince you to shop elsewhere. If you find they fall short in some way and you are looking for something new, perhaps we may be able to point you towards something new that may better suit you.

-Zach
Old 06-06-18, 11:42 AM
autotech13
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 143 Posts

Thank you Zach for your honest reply. Zaino seems to be working for me, but is there something better that is not such a big deal to do? I've tried many other products over the years, and they seem to be all the same to me. I will be buying a new Lexus in the next few months, thats why I'm asking which is better.
Thanks for your help.

Wayne

Last edited by autotech13; 06-06-18 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-08-18, 12:30 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by autotech13
Thank you Zach for your honest reply. Zaino seems to be working for me, but is there something better that is not such a big deal to do? I've tried many other products over the years, and they seem to be all the same to me. I will be buying a new Lexus in the next few months, thats why I'm asking which is better.
Thanks for your help.

Wayne
I like Blackfire Wet Diamond, easy to apply, easy to remove, one step process, long lasting and durable. I have not tried some of the newest sealants over the years so something may be better but I used to be a Zaino user but switched to Blackfire Wet Diamond as my go to.
Old 07-06-18, 12:13 PM
PondScum
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Zaino up until about 2010. Around that time Optimum's WOWA (wipe-on, walk-away) spray sealant came out and it was a superior product to Zaino's CS, and that was the last time I used Zaino on one of my own cars.

I was a little late to the coating party, but my cars have only seen ceramic coatings since about 2013.

If you're still using Zaino, you're using ten-year old technology, and with the rapid advances in ceramic coatings, that's several generations. Far superior products out there, if you're willing to try something new. Ceramic coatings are to Zaino what direct fuel injection is to carburetors.
The following users liked this post:
ShrinkDoc (07-07-18)
Old 07-29-18, 09:48 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Ceramic nano coatings are becoming the "go-to" for paint protection as they can provide many benefits that simply were not possible with traditional waxes and sealants...

Paint Coatings: Why You Should Give Them a Shot by Reece @ DI

Some of my personal favorite options for paint coatings are:
Gyeon Mohs (consider Gyeon Syncro Kit if budget allows)
GTechniq Crystal Serum Light

If those products don't interest you, silica based spray sealants are a nice alternative to traditional products as well. These are insanely quick and easy to use and can provide similar durability and protection than an old fashioned wax or sealant (often times more).

Some of my personal favorite options are:
Gyeon Cure (spray on, wipe off)
Gyeon WetCoat (spray on, rinse off)
How do you like the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light? How do you think it compares to other ceramic coating products? I have only used Opti Coat 2.0 and found it to be okay but was looking for something newer and maybe better, never used Gtechniq products. Is it worth it to try to get the professional Gtechniq if I can? I am looking to spend under $100 for a coating. Also want to get a good car cover that hopefully keeps scratching to a minimum.

I also saw this on Amazon. Is that the same basic thing as Crystal Serum Light?
Amazon Amazon
Old 07-31-18, 09:02 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
How do you like the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light? How do you think it compares to other ceramic coating products? I have only used Opti Coat 2.0 and found it to be okay but was looking for something newer and maybe better, never used Gtechniq products. Is it worth it to try to get the professional Gtechniq if I can? I am looking to spend under $100 for a coating. Also want to get a good car cover that hopefully keeps scratching to a minimum.

I also saw this on Amazon. Is that the same basic thing as Crystal Serum Light?
https://www.amazon.com/Gtechniq-Crys...+crystal+serum
Gtechniq products are awesome. You can't go wrong with CSL. (Crystal Serum Light). I have used it many times, and it goes on great and easy to apply. Very comparable to other coatings on the market.
Old 08-01-18, 09:07 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

From my research I think Gtechniq CSL sounds like the best bang for the buck when it comes to price, look, durability. That is what I will go with.
Old 08-01-18, 10:05 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
From my research I think Gtechniq CSL sounds like the best bang for the buck when it comes to price, look, durability. That is what I will go with.
You won't regret it. With proper maintenance, it should last longer than you think.