Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

1st Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-18, 03:22 PM
kvtram
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 1st Cleaning

Planning to do a detail wash inside and out ont the RX for the 1st time since delivery. I have a few bird droppings that seemed to have blemished the clear coat? See pic as I used googone right after those darn birds. Any recommendations for 4RX cleaning procedure, Zano,lexal, 303 areospace,Dawn soap, etc..
Old 01-02-18, 04:01 PM
bobbr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kvtram
Planning to do a detail wash inside and out ont the RX for the 1st time since delivery. I have a few bird droppings that seemed to have blemished the clear coat? See pic as I used googone right after those darn birds. Any recommendations for 4RX cleaning procedure, Zano,lexal, 303 areospace,Dawn soap, etc..
Had the same issue with my 17 RX350. Had a round bird poop stain on the hood. Tried all kinds of wax it did not work. Per tip in youtube, I also used a hair dryer to remove the spot but still did not work. Found another tip to remove it by wet sanding. Was braved enough to do it using a 2000 grit sandpaper (with only light scrubbing on the clear coat), followed up by Meguiar's scratch remover (after paint became dull) and then a cleaner wax and WALAH! bird poop stain gone. All in about less than 10 minutes.:-)

That saved me a trip to a paint shop and $$$.

Good Luck!