Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Car Wax Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-17, 09:20 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Fusso coat lasts quite long and is super cheap.
Old 08-11-17, 12:03 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by CtSFox
I have used Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 since I got my car. I apply it about every three months, touching up with their spritz sealant in between. The application is effortless and the finish looks like new years later.
Wolfgang sealant is one of my favorite sealants. It is easy to use and leaves the finish slick and adds some depth to the paint. My only complaint about is that it creates a lot of static during removal, so the car attracts dust immediately.

Originally Posted by k20trick
Fusso coat lasts quite long and is super cheap.
Is fusso that amazing? I would see it mentioned all the time in the facebook detailing groups.
Old 08-11-17, 08:07 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Is fusso that amazing? I would see it mentioned all the time in the facebook detailing groups.[/QUOTE]

I think its one of the most durable waxes, haven't tested it personally...
Old 08-11-17, 09:47 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I think its one of the most durable waxes, haven't tested it personally...
The tire shop I go to sells fusso and its sold under a company called JDM Chemicals (north american distributor for Soft99). Maybe I shouldn't have turned down the chance to sample their products when they first started selling it in the USA. lol
Old 08-13-17, 11:40 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I use Meg's Ultimate Liquid Wax. Easy to use, and does not stain trim like its paste form. However, it's easy to go overboard with the wax; as it is liquid form. It does provide a nice shine on my white car. I decontaminated and clayed before applying.

Haven;'t washed the car in 2 weeks, its dirty. but still FEELS smooth to the touch and LOOKS glossy
Old 08-13-17, 12:02 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
The tire shop I go to sells fusso and its sold under a company called JDM Chemicals (north american distributor for Soft99). Maybe I shouldn't have turned down the chance to sample their products when they first started selling it in the USA. lol
Not sure but apparently its one of the most hydrophobic waxes and at a good price too! I don't use many waxes anymore but I do keep a bottle of the below for certain cars:

Originally Posted by nathantse
I use Meg's Ultimate Liquid Wax. Easy to use, and does not stain trim like its paste form. However, it's easy to go overboard with the wax; as it is liquid form. It does provide a nice shine on my white car. I decontaminated and clayed before applying.

Haven;'t washed the car in 2 weeks, its dirty. but still FEELS smooth to the touch and LOOKS glossy
Definitely one of my favorites as well, very easy to use, super slick, very hydrophobic, lasts long, purchasable over the counter, and you can use in direct sunlight.

Cant go wrong with a rinse less wash, light alcohol wipe, and meguiars liquid wax followed by spray wax to remove any residue you may have missed, not too bad for a car thats been living through an automated wash it's whole life. I would correct, but to match the owners maintenance regime, I don't want to remove precious clear coat to make it look perfect only to find out the owner will take it through an automated wash the week after. Meguiars m20 cleaning sealant followed by press spray wax, followed by my routine rinse less wash rinse and repeat after 6 months and 1/2 water 1/2 reload mixed sealant on the two coated cars.
Attached Thumbnails Car Wax Suggestions-1fa56cb7-cb6e-4c88-b56a-3d6f8e29f89f.jpg   Car Wax Suggestions-img_4836.jpg  
Old 08-13-17, 12:21 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Not sure but apparently its one of the most hydrophobic waxes and at a good price too! I don't use many waxes anymore but I do keep a bottle of the below for certain cars:

Definitely one of my favorites as well, very easy to use, super slick, very hydrophobic, lasts long, purchasable over the counter, and you can use in direct sunlight.

Cant go wrong with a rinse less wash, light alcohol wipe, and meguiars liquid wax followed by spray wax to remove any residue you may have missed, not too bad for a car thats been living through an automated wash it's whole life. I would correct, but to match the owners maintenance regime, I don't want to remove precious clear coat to make it look perfect only to find out the owner will take it through an automated wash the week after. Meguiars m20 cleaning sealant followed by press spray wax, followed by my routine rinse less wash rinse and repeat after 6 months and 1/2 water 1/2 reload mixed sealant on the two coated cars.
Right on! The Meg's ULW is technically a synthetic wax that last longer than traditional waxes. If you're those ppl that can't wax every 1-3 months, this is the way to go (Unless you go for a coating ofc). Claims the ULW will last up to 6-9 months depending on the environment. Hoping it does. But, I also use Meg's spray wax as a booster after washes to prolong its life.
Old 08-14-17, 02:38 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

They have a Fusso for dark and light colored cars. I got the dark one since my test vehicle is black.

I should have a chance to sample it early September.
Old 08-14-17, 04:25 PM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I've been a long time fan of Meg's ULW and follow each wash with D156 (UQW). I haven't had to polish and re-apply ULW for 6 months now and it still looks and feels great. No bonded contaminants and the paint feels like it has a smooth plastic coating. I love this combo.
Old 08-15-17, 03:41 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,158 Likes on 748 Posts

Tried just about everything until I settled on Chemical Guys Jet Seal for a once a year protection followed by Zaino Brother's Z2. Just about every wax looks good for a short time. This combo looks great and last.

Last edited by Freds430; 09-02-17 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-16-17, 07:37 PM
k20trick
Instructor

They have a Fusso for dark and light colored cars. I got the dark one since my test vehicle is black.

How do you like it so far? Looks like the Escondido meet will be here soon, you plan to go?
Old 08-16-17, 10:42 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

How do you like it so far? Looks like the Escondido meet will be here soon, you plan to go?
Nope, I'm not planning on going. Traffic to SD and back would turn it into an all day event.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, and I probably won't have time for a few more weeks.
Old 08-18-17, 04:37 AM
Anapro
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Fusso, I waxed my car around 4 months ago and I wash my car 1-2 times a week. Still going strong

Old 08-19-17, 09:27 PM
k20trick
Instructor

How much was it like $20? Also do you know what the difference is in chemicals, I would assume if something works on white paint it should also work the same in black paint. This marketing is kind of confusing how they can't label what the differences are other than black and white paint.
Old 08-20-17, 12:51 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

How much was it like $20? Also do you know what the difference is in chemicals, I would assume if something works on white paint it should also work the same in black paint. This marketing is kind of confusing how they can't label what the differences are other than black and white paint.
It'd be $21.75 after tax. They originally gave me one for white cars since they assumed it was for my SC. I asked if it really made a difference, and they said it did. It can be used on any color paint, but I guess it looks better when paired correctly with dark and light paint. I didn't get an in-depth explanation since they had other customers waiting. They gave me the fusso for free, so I can't complain.

My friend was telling me all the soft99 products are surprisingly good.

Quick Reply: Car Wax Suggestions