Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Question about car wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-17, 06:48 PM
robertw96
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about car wax

Hey guys!
So, for the first time today I used Klasse All-in-one and also their sealant glaze. But, I didn't allow the sealant to dry on the car before wiping. Was wondering if I'll ned to go back in the morning and reapply the sealant, or was it ok to wipe it clean before allowing it to thoroughly dry.
Old 05-02-17, 06:58 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

You should be fine. Waxes and sealants don't really last long anyways. Might as well just go a few months with what you have on there and reapply it when the time comes. No sense in re-doing it. It's not going to dramatically improve anything.
Old 05-04-17, 06:05 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Is the car brand new or used? Was it waxed/sealed before?
Old 05-05-17, 08:47 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts

I had a Clay bar treatment done three weeks ago and I noticed some places that were missed. Now, I got me a Fine grade Nanoskin Mitt and I'll take care of the missed places. My question is this. After I do the Clay Mitt and then wash the car again. Would you suggest I use the Meguiar's products I have in this order? I have the Ultimate Polish, The Ultimate Liquid wax, and the Ultimate Fast Finish. I wonder if I need to find some of the 205 I've been reading about on here? Help.

Vince
Old 05-05-17, 09:59 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I would only comment that you don't need both the ULW and the UFF. I'd suggest you choose one or the other. My personal preference would be for the ULW for a higher gloss or UFF for a longer life. On my personal vehicles, I typically polish once a year and follow with ULW. I use D156 (UQW) as a booster after every wash or QD. In my environment, I don't need much to keep my cars clean and free of marring so this method works really well and is quick.
The following 2 users liked this post by jfelbab:
2URGSE (05-08-17), fwhomeboy (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 02:00 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I would only comment that you don't need both the ULW and the UFF. I'd suggest you choose one or the other. My personal preference would be for the ULW for a higher gloss or UFF for a longer life. On my personal vehicles, I typically polish once a year and follow with ULW. I use D156 (UQW) as a booster after every wash or QD. In my environment, I don't need much to keep my cars clean and free of marring so this method works really well and is quick.
So, After I use the polish, you're saying to go ahead and use the Liquid Wax, but, nothing after that. Is that right? I was thinking that the Fast Finish was the final top coat. OK, That's why I asked. Thanks.
Old 05-08-17, 12:18 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
+1, too many products just cost more money and you end up spending 3-4 hours on the paint alone.

I would find a polish/sealant that you like and go with that after the clay. I personally like Rejex but there are other products out there.