Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Painting or color changing emblems ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-17, 09:52 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Painting or color changing emblems ?

Hi, i am not sure where to actually post this so I hope that someone can help me here perhaps.
Since there is no particular forum section on here for paint and dipping.

If I were to want to change the color of the emblems and lettering. What is the best option to hold up in weather conditions?
I know I have my guns, and stuff cerakoted and or hydro dipped when I want to have a color change but would these be a good option for car emblems for the chrome plated emblems? Because they are chrome plated and plastic, not actual chrome.
Or would I be better off having a body shop sandblast and paint and clear coat them?
Whats the best option for this?
Old 03-19-17, 01:52 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

What color are you looking for specifically? I'd say plastidip is the easiest option, I'm doing mine tomorrow. It holds up well and you can always change it later on, you can add gloss to have a shiney look. You can do it while the emblems are on the car. You can do custom colors if you go the sprayer route, but I'd probably recommend the rattle cans, there are alot of colors and options you can choose. I have the new luxury dip cans arriving tomorrow which has a metal flake in the black I'm using.
Old 03-19-17, 11:05 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
What color are you looking for specifically? I'd say plastidip is the easiest option, I'm doing mine tomorrow. It holds up well and you can always change it later on, you can add gloss to have a shiney look. You can do it while the emblems are on the car. You can do custom colors if you go the sprayer route, but I'd probably recommend the rattle cans, there are alot of colors and options you can choose. I have the new luxury dip cans arriving tomorrow which has a metal flake in the black I'm using.
i have heard that the plastidip can easily peel off i don't plan on ever changing it im planning on pink