Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Leather cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-16, 09:30 PM
zachisf14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather cleaner?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here as well as the Lexus brand. I made the switch a little over a week ago from Scion, so I stayed true to the Toyota brand, and I'm trying to figure out what all is good for cleaning/detailing. Not sure if it even matters on the color of the leather, but its the Rioja Red. Is there a specific brand I should use? Or is it really just personal preference like any other cleaners?
Old 07-05-16, 05:07 AM
KMG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many good leather cleaning products, and in many cases is comes down to a personal preference. I personally like to use Sonax Leather Foam. Very easy product to use and it works great on even the dirtiest of seats. Another good product is Carpro Inside Interior and Leather Cleaner. Here are a few reviews for these products on Detailed Image.

Product Review: Sonax Leather Foam by Kevin George

Product Review: Carpro Inside Interior and Leather Cleaner by Zach McGovern
Old 07-05-16, 06:25 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Hi Zach - welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new car!

Leather is one of the most popular topics on the detailing forum and there are already TONS of existing threads which can answer your question. Please use the search function within the forum to find the existing threads for more info... there is also a sticky thread at the top of the detailing forum page regarding Lexus leather care.