Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Where to buy detail supplys

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-15, 06:11 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Where to buy detail supplys

Napa and Orielly don't have the good stuff, except for a few Mequires products.
Old 03-22-15, 06:28 PM
Skathious
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of detailing are you looking into? If you were looking for polishing products, that would be a funny coincidence because I just posted about how I should sell all my gear.
Old 03-22-15, 06:38 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 414 Likes on 342 Posts

I get most of my stuff from Amazon and Detailedimage.com. Also check out other places like Autogeek and the Chemical Guys website. They all have good prices.

If you're looking at buying stuff locally, Pep Boys has a decent selection of stuff, but they are overpriced. Some Walmarts have a good selection.
Old 03-22-15, 08:18 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dicer
Napa and Orielly don't have the good stuff, except for a few Mequires products.
We have 3 forum sponsors who are all great choices...

Detailed Image

Detailer's Domain

Autogeek

Check them out... they've got everything you need

-Zach
Old 03-23-15, 09:06 AM
s9211
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered AdamsPolishes.com? They have a lot of very helpful videos. I don't have a ride that I need to maintain well yet, but once I get my Lexus I will be sure to hit it up.
Old 03-23-15, 12:08 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can vouch for www.DetailedImage.com because I have bought almost everything from them lol. Fast shipping at a very reasonable shipping price, and offer a variety of excellent products.

They also have excellent guide for DIYer in http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/

I used to buy a lot of junks from local stores but ended up throwing all of them into trash can. It is more waste of money buying the products that don't work well.
Old 03-25-15, 08:58 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I remember I wanted everything in Mother's Brand from walmart. I replaced them with Carpro products from DI!
Old 03-26-15, 09:46 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Glock47
I remember I wanted everything in Mother's Brand from walmart. I replaced them with Carpro products from DI!
Haha, me too.

I went from being a Meguairs fan to Mother's to Optimum fan (Opticoat for the win). When I discover Carpro brand and constantly being brainwashed by Zach, I now exclusively buy mainly Carpro products.
Old 03-26-15, 09:57 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Haha, me too.

I went from being a Meguairs fan to Mother's to Optimum fan (Opticoat for the win). When I discover Carpro brand and constantly being brainwashed by Zach, I now exclusively buy mainly Carpro products.
Don't let me "brainwash" you... if you read through many of my write ups, you will see the vast array of products we use.

I am a big fan of Meguiar's, HD Car Care, CarPro, Menzerna, etc. There are so many awesome detailing products out there, it is silly to choose just one brand.

I've been pushing a lot of CarPro products lately because they seem to be pushing the newest type of products and technology that many detailing enthusiasts find interesting.
Old 03-26-15, 11:52 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I'm just playing with you there lol. I don't buy into branwashing, I only buy into the results and Carpro products plus many of your recommendations prove excellent results
Old 03-26-15, 08:07 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Carpro + OPT = FTW!!! I want to try Chemical Guys and Ultima products in the future. When it comes down to it, it's the technique too! A pro using Turtle wax will look better than a noob using "professional" stuff. I'm still a noob! haha
Old 03-27-15, 09:59 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Glock47
Carpro + OPT = FTW!!! I want to try Chemical Guys and Ultima products in the future. When it comes down to it, it's the technique too! A pro using Turtle wax will look better than a noob using "professional" stuff. I'm still a noob! haha
Yeah, technique is certainly needed. However, for certain products, no matter a noob or a pro uses it, you will end up more harm than protection. Products like Armor All protectant, they will dry out and destroy your dash, your tire, whatever you apply to in the long run and make them super greasy. I have tested them lol. Armor All should be named Destroy All lol.
Old 03-28-15, 02:17 PM
ngpFSport
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get some pretty good deals on Chemical Guys and Griots stuff on Amazon. Some of the CG products are even in the subscribe and save program - so you can save another 5%-15%.
Old 04-05-15, 03:17 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

I would like to know where to go get it. Not an online or mail thing. Do auto body supply outfits carry coatings etc?
Who carries opti coat
Old 04-05-15, 12:54 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by dicer
I would like to know where to go get it. Not an online or mail thing. Do auto body supply outfits carry coatings etc? Who carries opti coat
Online only for the most part.

Opti-Coat is only available to authorized professional installers. You would have to find an installer in your area and pay them to apply it.

Quick Reply: Where to buy detail supplys