Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

VIDEO - Water sheeting from Wolfgang DGPS on IS250

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 06:14 PM
kennyD
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Default VIDEO - Water sheeting from Wolfgang DGPS on IS250

This weekend I applied 2 coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 on the IS. The hood received 1 coat of wolfgang and 2 coats of Pinnacle Souveran. I haven't driven it since Friday afternoon. Came out today and there was a thin layer of dust on it. I figured why the hell not, nice stream of water will that that dust off without me having to do any scrubbing. I recorded it and looks like the product is working as intended. I hope to test this every month to see the actual durability. Video taken with my phone, so pardon the quality. For your entertainment...

Old 02-03-14, 06:37 PM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice! i used the same product on my GS, love wolfgang sealant and the scent is awesome as well!
Old 02-04-14, 06:06 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

never used Wolfgang products... looks pretty good. i love drying my car with this method.
Old 02-04-14, 07:51 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyD
This weekend I applied 2 coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 on the IS. The hood received 1 coat of wolfgang and 2 coats of Pinnacle Souveran. I haven't driven it since Friday afternoon. Came out today and there was a thin layer of dust on it. I figured why the hell not, nice stream of water will that that dust off without me having to do any scrubbing. I recorded it and looks like the product is working as intended. I hope to test this every month to see the actual durability. Video taken with my phone, so pardon the quality. For your entertainment... Video Link: http://youtu.be/ggafnSAR904
looks real good! Keep us posted on the durability, I am deciding which sealant to put on my gs and those two are definitely in play.
Old 02-04-14, 08:09 AM
kennyD
Intermediate

I swear I probably used about 10 or 11 pea sized drops to cover the whole car using a Meg's yellow sponge applicator. A little goes a longgggg way.
Old 02-04-14, 08:18 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Looks great! Get yourself a blower and enjoy drying your car without every touching it!
Old 02-04-14, 09:20 AM
kennyD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Looks great! Get yourself a blower and enjoy drying your car without every touching it!
Yes sir!!

I use our electric leaf blower. Seems to do the job pretty darn well.
It's funny, we've never used the blower for lawn care. I've pretty much commandeered it for car drying since we've purchased the thing.
Old 04-05-14, 03:51 PM
kennyD
Intermediate

2 months update. Car had at the beginning 2 coats of WDGPS + Souveran. But the souveran didn't last long. 2 weeks after that I added a coat of DGPS. Just about 2 months later, i washed the car this morning. Just a basic 2 bucket wash, nothing special. Here is the video result of the water sheeting, not bad. I did not wipe this car dry today. Only sheeting and then leaf blower to get it all dry.

After I made the video, my bottle of collinite came in, I put 2 coats of that on. Will post pics tomorrow. And don't mind the music, it was my first or second time playing that solo. I'm not very good, but everyone's got their hobbies.

Old 04-05-14, 05:04 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyD
This weekend I applied 2 coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 on the IS. The hood received 1 coat of wolfgang and 2 coats of Pinnacle Souveran. I haven't driven it since Friday afternoon. Came out today and there was a thin layer of dust on it. I figured why the hell not, nice stream of water will that that dust off without me having to do any scrubbing. I recorded it and looks like the product is working as intended. I hope to test this every month to see the actual durability. Video taken with my phone, so pardon the quality. For your entertainment...

http://youtu.be/ggafnSAR904
Great job... Did you dry it off...and if not, did you have water spots? Feedback please! :
Old 04-05-14, 05:19 PM
kennyD
Intermediate

Dried it with a leaf blower.
Old 04-06-14, 04:51 PM
kennyD
Intermediate

Drove out in the rain intentionally to test the new Collinite on the paint. Here are the beading pics.

Hood

Roof