Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-18, 09:12 AM
ShrinkDoc
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Not a detailing item, but does affect cars detail around the car handles. To protect the paint behind the door handle, I put this on 2 weeks ago. This not only protects the paint on darker cars, but looks good on the black, darker greys and possibly red ones.

Last edited by ShrinkDoc; 07-02-18 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-06-18, 06:12 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I got 2 mystery boxes from detailersdomain, mostly for the novelty of it. The only product I find interesting in this group is the Fintech Car Gliss which seems to be similar to reload or cure and the glass cleaning towel that was included.

Old 09-05-18, 04:39 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I got a bit carried away over labor day weekend sales, but my first toy arrived today.

I've been on the fence about getting the CR vs the griots garage di system vs building my own system. Ultimately, CR won because I got a good deal on it.
Old 09-09-18, 04:56 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Got some more stuff in:

2 more griots PFM towels, some sprayers, and a bottle of Hydrosilex (excited to try this)

Carpro Ech2o, Carpro Ceriglass, Carpro Rayon glass pads, Mothers wheel brush, and Griots washing pad. I've been using the Adam's wash pad and wanted to try something new
Old 10-13-18, 01:01 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Update from my previous post:

- Hydrosilex was a good product, but I wouldn't buy it again over Carpro reload.
- Carpro Ceriglass + Carpro Rayon pads - The polish works for very minor scratches in glass and the pads ripped a part after my first use. The velcro stayed on my machine.
- Griots wash pad - it's not as easy to handle as the Adam's wash pad and doesn't create as much foam. It's very similar to washing the car with those old foam T bones that are wrapped in MF (except the t bone is easier to handle).

Newest order is:
Carpro Hydro 2
Carpro Hydrofoam (Haven't tried this before)
Sonax Cut and Finish
Sonax Perfect Finish (When I got my PPF installed, the detailer at the shop said he loved this stuff and recommended I try it)
Kwazar 500mL bottles

Hydro2 is a different color from my last batch
Old 11-02-18, 01:38 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Finally made the much needed upgrade to a 50 ft hose on my pressure washer using the info from Zach's thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...y-pleased.html

25ft was perfect to leave the pressure washer at the front of the car and go down each side, but now I'll be able to walk all the way around the car.
The following users liked this post:
Woffski (12-28-20)
Old 12-05-18, 02:46 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I introduced my friends to hydro2 and they killed off the last liter I got in less than 2 months. lol

Also ordered some more Carpro flash and gloss pads in 6" to use with my rupes. The 5" pads they have were a little too small and required me to be extra cautious when getting close to mirrors and wings. They also threw in a carpro t-shirt and a Dhydrate towel with my order.
Old 04-23-19, 10:43 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Feels like its been forever since I bought something. I recently upgraded my wash gear.

- 2 Grit guard dolly
- 2 Grit guards
- 2 Grit guard wash boards
- 2 3.5 gallon buckets
- 2 Carpro Reset 500mL
- Carpro Wash mitt

Each dolly comes with 5 polyurethane rollers that work really smoothly once the buckets are full. They're so smooth they keep rolling down my steep driveway.

The following 2 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
2ndName (04-27-19), Beachtyme (04-25-19)
Old 04-27-19, 12:13 AM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I see a lot of CarPro product. Seems like they are popular here. I need to try. It have so much gear that I have not finished...
Old 05-01-19, 08:53 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2ndName
I see a lot of CarPro product. Seems like they are popular here. I need to try. It have so much gear that I have not finished...
I have a tendency to get carried away with things. I've gone through a lot of brands in the last 12 years, but this is the first one that I've used almost the entire lineup from 1 brand.

Picked up a Rupes Mark II bag for my polisher. It was half off since the Mark III came out recently.

This bag is impressively large. My only complaint is that the pockets for the small bottles were designed specifically for rupes polishes. Unfortunately, I don't have any rupes polishes, so it makes the pockets useless.
Old 05-02-19, 12:15 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I have a tendency to get carried away with things. I've gone through a lot of brands in the last 12 years, but this is the first one that I've used almost the entire lineup from 1 brand.

Picked up a Rupes Mark II bag for my polisher. It was half off since the Mark III came out recently.

This bag is impressively large. My only complaint is that the pockets for the small bottles were designed specifically for rupes polishes. Unfortunately, I don't have any rupes polishes, so it makes the pockets useless.
You should go ahead and buy the small bottles just to fill up the bag.50 bucks and you're set.
Old 05-02-19, 10:16 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
You should go ahead and buy the small bottles just to fill up the bag.50 bucks and you're set.
lol, my friends said the same thing. Even showed me what it would look like.

Old 05-03-19, 03:52 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
lol, my friends said the same thing. Even showed me what it would look like.

Looks like Walmart has the bag for 69 bucks. Would you say that's a good price?
Old 05-03-19, 08:57 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Picked up a gallon of P&S BeadMaker about a month ago and waited to post about it to see how it holds up over a little time. The car has been washed once a week since the initial application and cure. It hasn't been washed yet this week, so it's a little dirty. It was also raining on the way in to work. So far, so good.

There is no other protection on the car currently. Before the initial BeadMaker application, I washed the car with Dawn so I could see how long the protection would last.

On another note, I am by no means a serious detailer. I wouldn't even say that I'm an amateur detailer, but I do plan to pick up a polisher and a good AIO sometime this year so I can do my own minor paint corrections. I'm thinking PC 7424xp and Blackfire One Step, but open to suggestions. The CX-9 doesn't really need much correction right now, but ever since my wife bought her black 06 Civic brand new, she's been washing it with the brush from the coin op. That car is in need of some serious lovin', lol.
Old 05-03-19, 09:19 AM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I really like my PC 7424xp. I've had mine for about 5 years and it still going strong. I'm not a pro detailer but I just tested my first Blackfire product last week and I am really impressed by it. I used a lot of Chemical Guys stuff in the past but seems like Blackfire is easier to use, unsure if that's just my mind telling me that, ha.

Quick Reply: Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread