Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Automotive Care & Detailing
Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread >

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Notices
Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Old 07-02-18, 09:12 AM
ShrinkDoc
Pole Position

Not a detailing item, but does affect cars detail around the car handles. To protect the paint behind the door handle, I put this on 2 weeks ago. This not only protects the paint on darker cars, but looks good on the black, darker greys and possibly red ones.

Last edited by ShrinkDoc; 07-02-18 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-06-18, 06:12 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

I got 2 mystery boxes from detailersdomain, mostly for the novelty of it. The only product I find interesting in this group is the Fintech Car Gliss which seems to be similar to reload or cure and the glass cleaning towel that was included.

Old 09-05-18, 04:39 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

I got a bit carried away over labor day weekend sales, but my first toy arrived today.

I've been on the fence about getting the CR vs the griots garage di system vs building my own system. Ultimately, CR won because I got a good deal on it.
Old 09-09-18, 04:56 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Got some more stuff in:

2 more griots PFM towels, some sprayers, and a bottle of Hydrosilex (excited to try this)

Carpro Ech2o, Carpro Ceriglass, Carpro Rayon glass pads, Mothers wheel brush, and Griots washing pad. I've been using the Adam's wash pad and wanted to try something new
Old 10-13-18, 01:01 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Update from my previous post:

- Hydrosilex was a good product, but I wouldn't buy it again over Carpro reload.
- Carpro Ceriglass + Carpro Rayon pads - The polish works for very minor scratches in glass and the pads ripped a part after my first use. The velcro stayed on my machine.
- Griots wash pad - it's not as easy to handle as the Adam's wash pad and doesn't create as much foam. It's very similar to washing the car with those old foam T bones that are wrapped in MF (except the t bone is easier to handle).

Newest order is:
Carpro Hydro 2
Carpro Hydrofoam (Haven't tried this before)
Sonax Cut and Finish
Sonax Perfect Finish (When I got my PPF installed, the detailer at the shop said he loved this stuff and recommended I try it)
Kwazar 500mL bottles

Hydro2 is a different color from my last batch
Old 11-02-18, 01:38 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Finally made the much needed upgrade to a 50 ft hose on my pressure washer using the info from Zach's thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...y-pleased.html

25ft was perfect to leave the pressure washer at the front of the car and go down each side, but now I'll be able to walk all the way around the car.
Old 12-05-18, 02:46 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

I introduced my friends to hydro2 and they killed off the last liter I got in less than 2 months. lol

Also ordered some more Carpro flash and gloss pads in 6" to use with my rupes. The 5" pads they have were a little too small and required me to be extra cautious when getting close to mirrors and wings. They also threw in a carpro t-shirt and a Dhydrate towel with my order.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: