Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-14, 11:15 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Just picked up a new Mini Rupes LHR75e!

... as well as more Carpro HydrO2, Meguiar's M101, Lake Country Pads, and the new Rupes Microfiber Cutting pads.

Hoping this brings some warm weather so I can get back into detailing full speed ahead!
Old 02-12-14, 05:15 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Time to throw out pretty much all of the old stuff, and get new. The new items came today… The only bummer is that some items froze in shipping. I hope nothing was ruined.
Attached Thumbnails Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-img_3299.jpg   Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-img_3301.jpg   Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-img_3304.jpg  

Last edited by JDR76; 02-13-14 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-14-14, 06:32 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Time to throw out pretty much all of the old stuff, and get new. The new items came today… The only bummer is that some items froze in shipping. I hope nothing was ruined.
i see you got yourself a cold one with the order... BTW, what's in the small spray bottle?
Old 02-14-14, 06:54 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i see you got yourself a cold one with the order... BTW, what's in the small spray bottle?
The beer is always very important. ;-)

The small spary bottle is some carpet/upholstery cleaner. It was a "free gift" with my order that I am sure will never get used.
Old 02-21-14, 02:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

about to foam and wash with this... will be hitting the wheels also. not sure of the dilution for the foam cannon?
Old 02-21-14, 03:17 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

It says right on the bottle... if you want to use it in a foam lance, you use the product straight up... ie connect the foam lance nozzle directly to the bottle OR poor the entire bottle into the foam lance. The soap is not mean to be a heavy decontamination tool like IronX, however it should remove very minor iron contaminates with regular maintenance washing from what I understand.

Let us know your thoughts!
Old 02-21-14, 05:32 PM
dagwag77
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious if you like the iron x soap Syd, please be sure to report back!

Got some goodies today:
Old 02-23-14, 05:49 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
It says right on the bottle... if you want to use it in a foam lance, you use the product straight up... ie connect the foam lance nozzle directly to the bottle OR poor the entire bottle into the foam lance. The soap is not mean to be a heavy decontamination tool like IronX, however it should remove very minor iron contaminates with regular maintenance washing from what I understand.

Let us know your thoughts!
otay Z, i saw the dilution ratio. but for some reason it did not compute... brain farts are a b@#$h. seriously doubt that my car has any major contamination issues. i've used iron x on previous cars and it worked like a charm, my first time using the soap though. this stuff smells like it wants to be alone. foamed at a 1:8 dilution, foam was pretty thick and clingy, i found it strange that the foam clung to the car and when i foam with OCWC, the foam runs right off, probably because of the Hydro, but the iron x soap dwelled longer than my reg maint. wash soap. got the car nice and clean as expected, hit her with some hydro after. now if i can just get rid of that damn smell.

Originally Posted by dagwag77
Curious if you like the iron x soap Syd, please be sure to report back!

Got some goodies today:
can't go wrong with Optimum... that power clean is some good stuff, never used the OPS. the Iron X soap was cool, i like it for what it is, except for that God awful smell. i would def use it again, if my car needs it, i didn't get any runny red liquid, i was a little disappointed that the soap didn't produce any... my car is too damn clean, even the wheels. used some SFE after a month and no red runny liquid from the wheels.
Old 02-23-14, 08:25 AM
IneednSC
Driver

about to foam and wash with this... will be hitting the wheels also. not sure of the dilution for the foam cannon?
I was going to buy the snow foam but want to try chemical guys mr pink let m know how the foam works i may invest into a foam gun
Old 02-23-14, 08:26 AM
IneednSC
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
The beer is always very important. ;-)

The small spary bottle is some carpet/upholstery cleaner. It was a "free gift" with my order that I am sure will never get used.
Was that the premade kit or you pieced everything together? I have looked on DI and autogeek trying to see if i want to do a kit or not
Old 02-23-14, 11:10 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IneednSC
I was going to buy the snow foam but want to try chemical guys mr pink let m know how the foam works i may invest into a foam gun
Iron X snow soap and CG Mr. Pink are not the same. Mr. Pink is reg maint. wash car soap. Iron X is used to decontaminate your paint so to speak. it dissolves the iron particles that adhere to your paint, due to everyday driving, fall out etc. works good on your wheels also. however, it does get your car nice and squeaky clean.
Old 02-23-14, 04:46 PM
dagwag77
Driver

can't go wrong with Optimum... that power clean is some good stuff, never used the OPS. the Iron X soap was cool, i like it for what it is, except for that God awful smell. i would def use it again, if my car needs it, i didn't get any runny red liquid, i was a little disappointed that the soap didn't produce any... my car is too damn clean, even the wheels. used some SFE after a month and no red runny liquid from the wheels.
Very jealous. Used a little IronX today and my car was bleeding. I'll have to pick up some IronX soap and give it a try. Very happy with the optimum poly-seal, which effortlessly took out minor surface stuff, and then because of your posts, I put some hydro2 on top. That hydro2 man, its amazing!! So good, I had to make a youtube video!

And a little foam for good measure:

Super shiny!

Last edited by dagwag77; 02-23-14 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-23-14, 05:46 PM
IneednSC
Driver

Iron X snow soap and CG Mr. Pink are not the same. Mr. Pink is reg maint. wash car soap. Iron X is used to decontaminate your paint so to speak. it dissolves the iron particles that adhere to your paint, due to everyday driving, fall out etc. works good on your wheels also. however, it does get your car nice and squeaky clean.

Ahh i see so should i buy both and use iron x or any kind of decontaminating soap only when doing a full detail and use mr.pink for washes after full detail? Trying to piece together my arsenal
Old 02-24-14, 06:29 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Ahh i see so should i buy both and use iron x or any kind of decontaminating soap only when doing a full detail and use mr.pink for washes after full detail? Trying to piece together my arsenal
Note: Iron X and Iron X Snow Soap do not share the same ability to remove iron contaminates.

IXSS is a good shampoo to use for maintenance if your car has been coated, otherwise it will degrade or strip traditional LSP. It can, however, be used as a first step in the decontamination process.

Originally Posted by CarPro-US
Snow Soap has now become the first step in total paint decontamination.
CarPro’s Soap Gel has under gone some major changes! It is now known as CarPro Snow Soap and can be used with multiple wash methods, including as a snow foam, or as it was previously used, applied directly to your mitt. After a vehicle has been properly de-contaminated IXSS will keep it free of iron particles far more than any other car wash. If the vehicle has been previously coated with Cquartz or CQuartz UK, Snow Soap is a perfect match for maintenance. Clean your car and remove iron particles at the same time! Iron X Snow Soap has been adapted to be used as a dedicated Snow Foam or as a direct to mitt wash, while maintaining its fallout removal abilities.

Features:

-pH Neutral
-High Lubricity
-Uses only the highest quality cleaning agents & emulsifiers to wash your vehicles surfaces.
-Snow Soap cuts through grime & traffic film with ease.
-Excellent wheel cleaner - Agitate the gel directly on the surface of the wheel
-Cleanses the bodywork softly with rich foam
-Smooths the surface
-Use on paint, glass, wheels, headlights, plastic trim, clear bras
-Excellent on wheels (Apply gel directly to wheel and agitate the surface)

Dilutions:
-Up to 1:8 - Good iron remover but use regular IX on a "first time car". Above 1:8 it becomes a very weak iron remover, but still a great cleansing shampoo.
-Per car it will consume 400ml neat with foam lancer with a fully closed lancer valve. That dilustion is for working on iron. As you know a power washer with the foam lancer sprays lots of water which means a high dilution while spraying. This is why why we recommend it neat with foam lancer if you want the IXSS to react on iron.
-If you want simple snow foaming and car wash 3 to 4 oz works well.

Directions as Snow Foam:

Rinse your car well using power wash to remove dust & contaminants.
Add Soap Gel to warm water and shake well to mix within the snow foam lance.
Set your lance to give the desired effect and foam concentration you require.
Snow foam your car as normal and allow to dwell.
Dependant on the concentrations of the foam on the cars surface. You may notice a color change taking place when the foam is in contact with heavy fallout.
Rinse well, prior to moving on to your hand wash process.

Directions as Hand Wash:

Thoroughly rinse the surface to remove all large and/or loose particles.
Apply Soap directly to mitt or sponge and wash a section before rinsing the mitt/sponge and repeating with the next section. (While Snow Soap is used as a hand wash. It should not be added to your wash bucket)
You will notice the soap gel changing color where it encounters iron. This indicates fallout removal and highlights the areas of concern where you may wish to follow up with either Iron X paste or liquid, later on in the decontamination process. While small iron particals will be removed by IXSS larger particles or vehicles that have not been thoroughly decontaminated previously will require the higher concentrated Iron X or Iron X Paste.
Thoroughly rinse all surfaces

Notes:

-IronX Snow Soap will affect oil base waxes by approximately 50%.
-Do not use as a mainenance wash unless you are decontaminating your vehicle or it has been protected with a durable sealant or a coating (such as Cquartz, or CQuartz UK).
-Avoid using on fabric convertible tops.
Old 02-24-14, 08:14 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

i can use the IXSS because my car is cited with OC 2.0., if your car isn't coated you'll just strip any LSP that you applied previously. CG Mr. Pink is cool for a maintenance wash, i personally became addicted to OCWC. IX concentration is much stronger than the IXSS, IXSS can be used as a first step... then follow with IX, but if you don't plan on stripping your LSP, then don't use the IX or IXSS as a reg maint. wash, however i was impressed with the lubricity of the IXSS, and the suds were pretty good also.

Quick Reply: Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread