Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread - Page 23 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Old 09-08-17, 03:23 PM   #331
laobo979
Lexus Champion

My goodies
laobo979 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to laobo979 For This Useful Post:
zmcgovern4 (09-09-17)
Old 09-09-17, 05:48 PM   #332
k20trick
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe View Post

More toys to sample.

The lake country force pads have a thick profile and have a similar hardness to the carpro flash pads.
Did you try opening a wholesale acc. with DI?
k20trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-17, 10:11 PM   #333
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by laobo979 View Post
My goodies
That looks like you're going to have a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20trick View Post
Did you try opening a wholesale acc. with DI?
Nope, I'm not a professional detailer. I just like trying new products whenever I can.
Blkexcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 12:23 PM   #334
k20trick
Lead Lap

Quote:
Nope, I'm not a professional detailer. I just like trying new products whenever I can.
There are a lot of hacks that call themselves Pros. Don't need to be one in order to obtain wholesale accounts they are free with minimum 250-500 year purchase/yr I believe and theres no minimum purchase on the pricing. With all the Gyeon stuff your buying Im sure it'll pay for itself after the 2nd purchase.
Old 09-10-17, 07:02 PM   #335
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by laobo979 View Post
My goodies
you are going to love the MOHS kit... the Gyeon foam i was not impressed with at all...
sydtoosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 07:05 PM   #336
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Blkexcoupe if you don't like those wool pads you can feel free to send them my way haha! I'll gladly take them, always a shortage of those.
97-SC300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 09:59 PM   #337
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Quote:
There are a lot of hacks that call themselves Pros. Don't need to be one in order to obtain wholesale accounts they are free with minimum 250-500 year purchase/yr I believe and theres no minimum purchase on the pricing. With all the Gyeon stuff your buying Im sure it'll pay for itself after the 2nd purchase.
I looked at their terms. It's $500 minimum a year, then I looked at my expense accounts, and I've spent exactly $521.02 in 2017 on detailing products (about 35% of that was on PFM towels). If I sign up, then it just sounds like a trap for me to spend more money every year.

I only bought all the gyeon stuff because sydtoosic was saying how great of a product cure is, then it just made me curious about the entire line. Unfortunately, I did the same thing with nanolex (which he also recommended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-SC300 View Post
Blkexcoupe if you don't like those wool pads you can feel free to send them my way haha! I'll gladly take them, always a shortage of those.
If I can't figure out how to use them, then I'll ship them to you.
Old 09-11-17, 01:04 AM   #338
laobo979
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
you are going to love the MOHS kit... the Gyeon foam i was not impressed with at all...
Thanks my car been coated with Beeds HD which is a Singapore base coating company for almost 3 yrs now. Once a month I top it with sonax detail shine and before winter hits a layer of sonax PNS. So I'm try gyeon can coat this winter. As for gyeon coating I went with Durabead one which is above the mohs itself. For the exact same price I said why not haha.. Plus it's not sold to general public either. So I'll see how it compares to the Beeds HD which has been great.
laobo979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 07:24 PM   #339
k20trick
Lead Lap

Quote:
I looked at their terms. It's $500 minimum a year, then I looked at my expense accounts, and I've spent exactly $521.02 in 2017 on detailing products (about 35% of that was on PFM towels). If I sign up, then it just sounds like a trap for me to spend more money every year.

I only bought all the gyeon stuff because sydtoosic was saying how great of a product cure is, then it just made me curious about the entire line. Unfortunately, I did the same thing with nanolex (which he also recommended)

If I can't figure out how to use them, then I'll ship them to you.

Yeah you know how it is in detailing always have to try to something new, but Ive learned to stick to my favorites and keeping it simple. Wise man once said use what you like and use it often... Give it a try, you can use the wholesale account to order anytime you want with discounts.
Old 09-11-17, 07:32 PM   #340
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Yeah you know how it is in detailing always have to try to something new, but Ive learned to stick to my favorites and keeping it simple. Wise man once said use what you like and use it often... Give it a try, you can use the wholesale account to order anytime you want with discounts.
If I was able to follow that reasoning, then I wouldn't need to buy anything for a few years.
Old 09-13-17, 08:20 PM   #341
k20trick
Lead Lap

Quote:
If I was able to follow that reasoning, then I wouldn't need to buy anything for a few years.
Well.. I was under the same situation trying out everything till I realized you really only need a few of the products to get the job done.