Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Foam Cannon... Finally

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-13, 04:01 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Foam Cannon... Finally

got a present today from my brother in CT., he knew i wanted one. saw the box when i got home and asked myself WTH is this. opened her up and "BAM". i immediately opened a brand new bottle of CG Mr. Pink in honor of this occasion. haven't used it yet... waiting for the car to cool off. but i will have a foam party before the sun goes down.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/9397515784/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/9397515784/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

he sent the MTM Hydro, so i did some research and have read mixed reviews. i really like this foam cannon. used 2oz. of Mr. Pink and the rest distilled water. i have a Black Max 1700 PSI pressure washer... which helped produce very thick clingy foam. i'd done the whole car and realized i didn't take a pic after 4 minutes dwell time, so i ran and got the iphone and took a pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/9398558264/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/9398558264/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

i rinsed her and then washed her with ONRWW and finished off with OCW and of course some tire shine. i didn't need to pre soak the panels with OOC, as i usually do but the foaming with the Mr. Pink and the rinse got rid of what ever dirt was on the car, i had no dirt on the MF towels while washing with ONRWW, not even on the lower half of the car. a foam cannon and good pressure washer with some good concentrated car shampoo is a must for all you " I Like To Keep My Car Clean Freaks".

Last edited by sydtoosic; 07-29-13 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-30-13, 05:18 AM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice pick up show some foam shots!
Old 07-30-13, 06:14 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I read and saw some videos that the CG Mr. Pink is pretty good stuff..
Old 07-30-13, 07:22 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
nice pick up show some foam shots!
you got it buddy... this is my new toy and a new therapeutic device.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I read and saw some videos that the CG Mr. Pink is pretty good stuff..
it did quite well, and it smells heavenly. the bugs love it. foam is very thick and clingy. i have to hit up Phil@DD for some of that Auto Finesse Avalanche.
Old 07-30-13, 10:56 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to the foam club

I have been using the MTM cannon for a while with my Karcher X-Series 2000PSI pressure washer and have nothing but good things to say about it. I use CG Honey Dew Snow Foam for regular maintenance washing and CG Citrus Wash for stripping LSP...

Either way, using the foam cannon just makes you smile. (plus you get some looks from your neighbors haha)
Old 07-30-13, 11:52 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Welcome to the foam club

I have been using the MTM cannon for a while with my Karcher X-Series 2000PSI pressure washer and have nothing but good things to say about it. I use CG Honey Dew Snow Foam for regular maintenance washing and CG Citrus Wash for stripping LSP...

Either way, using the foam cannon just makes you smile. (plus you get some looks from your neighbors haha)
How long have you had that pressure washer? Would you recommend buying one?

I'm looking to buy a decent unit for personal use, and don't want to shell out close to a grand for a Kranzle or Camspray since I will only be using it for my own car.
Old 07-30-13, 12:58 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

I haven't had this one for very long... about 2 months now. It has been just fine so far... but only time will tell. For <$300 I am hoping to get a few years out of it. I decided to go with the electric washer over a gas powered one for the sake of convenience and most of all the noise factor. This electric unit is pretty darn quiet. Since I am outside washing cars (both personal and customer cars) quite often, I did not want to bother the neighbors.

The unit feels like it is built decently well, but overall it is still just a plastic body. So far, I would recommend it.
Old 07-30-13, 02:10 PM
MXT4life
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heard Mr.Pink was a really good foam wash to use haha. Im also in the market for a pressure washer but don't want to spend an insane amount. What psi should be good enough for decent foam?
Old 07-30-13, 05:13 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MXT4life
Heard Mr.Pink was a really good foam wash to use haha. Im also in the market for a pressure washer but don't want to spend an insane amount. What psi should be good enough for decent foam?
I went to SAMs club and bought a 1700 PSI electric pressure washer. IMO it's a fantastic pressure washer... Über quiet and it's powerful. I used the bonus turbo nozzle to pressure wash part of the driveway, let's just say it was a piece of cake. The PW was $129.00 I felt like I robbed SAMs Club because I paid so little for a great pressure washer. The Mr. Pink is a great shampoo, I'd highly recommend it. Now I have to see Phil about the Auto Finesse Avalanche, snow foam.
Old 07-30-13, 06:24 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I haven't had this one for very long... about 2 months now. It has been just fine so far... but only time will tell. For <$300 I am hoping to get a few years out of it. I decided to go with the electric washer over a gas powered one for the sake of convenience and most of all the noise factor. This electric unit is pretty darn quiet. Since I am outside washing cars (both personal and customer cars) quite often, I did not want to bother the neighbors.

The unit feels like it is built decently well, but overall it is still just a plastic body. So far, I would recommend it.
Thanx Z, I am honored to be a part the foam family. It's definitely a must have. My brother came down from NY and his car was filthy... He has a 2012 LS460 NG. He knows how much I hate dirty cars, so I pulled her in the shade and let her cool off for a couple of hours then whipped out the foam cannon and pressure washer. The brake dust on his wheels was atrocious, so I used the wheel and tire cleaner with the wheel woolie and got that done first, then rinsed, foamed and rinsed the car again, then washed her with the ONRWW. The car looked brand new when I was done.
Old 07-31-13, 07:42 AM
redoctane
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome foam canon any recomendation on electric pressure washer?
Old 07-31-13, 08:35 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by redoctane

This is the one I use... it is a pretty popular electrical pressure washer in the detailing community. Karcher X-Series 2000PSI

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 07-31-13 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-31-13, 08:41 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by redoctane
this is my first pressure washer and IMO, I think it's very good. I can't comment on the others but I'm sure the other members with different PW's will chime in.
Old 07-31-13, 04:46 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Looking good buddy. Makes me want one. BTW, what is that 22PLE box doing there?
Old 07-31-13, 07:32 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
Looking good buddy. Makes me want one. BTW, what is that 22PLE box doing there?
Thanx BN... You should invest in a PW and a foam cannon... Very good detailing tools to have, and it won't break the bank. The 22PLE? What 22PLE. I can't bring myself to get rid of it. There's only 1/4 of the bottle left. Was going to try and find something to apply it to.

Quick Reply: Foam Cannon... Finally