Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Onr & onrww

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-13, 12:23 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Onr & onrww

my first time using ONR & ONRWW, and i'm quite pleased with the results. used the Gary Dean method. rinsed her first, (still to afraid to wash a car that's dirty without rinsing first) used a dilution of ONR in a spray bottle to pre soak the panel before i washed it with the ONRWW. much faster than washing the conventional way. end results... oh, and she's opti coated from top to bottom, including glass and wheels.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8635100087/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8635100087/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8635097651/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8635097651/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

Last edited by sydtoosic; 04-10-13 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-10-13, 03:39 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Yup - I use ONR for 75% of my washes... unless it is dirty enough for me to think she needs a traditional wash. ONR is great stuff. I buy it by the gallon and use it for clay lube too.
Old 04-10-13, 04:47 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Yup - I use ONR for 75% of my washes... unless it is dirty enough for me to think she needs a traditional wash. ONR is great stuff. I buy it by the gallon and use it for clay lube too.
i was always skeptical when it came to ONR so i stayed away from it. after using it i'm convinced it lives up to it's name... i'm still going to rinse and pre soak the panels before i wash her. i agree, it is great stuff. one question Z? what happens when you need the under carriage done?
Old 04-10-13, 07:46 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

having thunderstorms and lightning at the moment, so when there was a break and the rain stopped momentarily, i went out and took a few beading pics... here's one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8639486678/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8639486678/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

i have opti coat + Sonax Brilliant shine Detailer on the car. i liked the 22PLE + Sonax Polymer Net Shield combo better as far as the beading properties are concerned. i'll try the Net Shield on top of the OC, although nothing adheres to OC for too long.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 04-10-13 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-10-13, 08:49 PM
bl3ujay07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you tried the duragloss rinseless? I have and had used the "v2" onr and the only thing i don't like about ONR is staining my wash medias. Duragloss, no problems with it yet.
Old 04-10-13, 09:34 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bl3ujay07
have you tried the duragloss rinseless? I have and had used the "v2" onr and the only thing i don't like about ONR is staining my wash medias. Duragloss, no problems with it yet.
never tried the duragloss. I'll have to research it.
Old 04-11-13, 06:50 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i was always skeptical when it came to ONR so i stayed away from it. after using it i'm convinced it lives up to it's name... i'm still going to rinse and pre soak the panels before i wash her. i agree, it is great stuff. one question Z? what happens when you need the under carriage done?
So to be honest, I never really worry about cleaning the undercarriage except in the nasty winter months when all of that salty, dirty goodness gets up in there.

In that case, I always swing by the coin op power wash first and spray down the paint (to get the majority of the crud off) as well as the wheel wells and undercarriage in an attempt to clean it out the best I can.
Old 04-11-13, 06:51 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by bl3ujay07
I've never had ONR stain anything... how much of that stuff are you using? You only need 1oz per few gallons of water. Hardly enough to even change the color of the water.
Old 04-18-13, 10:38 AM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wash medias are stained since the ONR makes it easier for the media to absorb the dirt and whatnot. It also tends to kill any coloring in it as well since my then yellow sponges are a brownish yellow. Its natural for it to change overtime

How do you like the ONRWW? I was really curious about it when it came out since it seemed like Dr. G finally thought of the idea of combining ONR and OptiWax together. It sounds pretty solid
Old 04-18-13, 12:58 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Wash medias are stained since the ONR makes it easier for the media to absorb the dirt and whatnot. It also tends to kill any coloring in it as well since my then yellow sponges are a brownish yellow. Its natural for it to change overtime

How do you like the ONRWW? I was really curious about it when it came out since it seemed like Dr. G finally thought of the idea of combining ONR and OptiWax together. It sounds pretty solid
i actually like the ONRWW. after the car was opti-coated, i'm standing in Detailers Domain staring at the Optimum products... so i asked Phil to give me a bottle of each, ONR & ONRWW. i pre soak with the ONR and wash with the ONRWW. did a side by side and found the the ONRWW offers a little more gloss and slickness, can't tell the difference between the beading for both, but the beading is great. overall the ONRWW is a great product to have in your arsenal.
Old 04-18-13, 01:26 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

So the Opti-Coat is what is causing the water to bead up, not the ONR or ONRWW, right? ... I guess the ONRWW may help a little bit, but I wouldn't think it would be noticeable if the car is Opti-coated.
Old 04-18-13, 02:36 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Use ONR for over a year now. Great stuff.

Will be Polishing/cleaning with alcohol/OptiCoating 2.0 my Obsidian IS-F...then will use ONRWW on it....
Old 04-19-13, 11:30 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Looking good, buddy. I read a little more about this stuff. I'm still skeptical about "no rinse" part especially on OB. I still do traditional wash or have you-know-who wash the car. Would you do it on your ex OB? As far as beading, SNS over 22PLE is a killer. Thanks for the tips. It was raining here yesterday and my wife said... "It looks as if you had crystal ***** rolling off your hood!" And this is a few months after I applied the stuff on.
Old 04-19-13, 01:47 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
So the Opti-Coat is what is causing the water to bead up, not the ONR or ONRWW, right? ... I guess the ONRWW may help a little bit, but I wouldn't think it would be noticeable if the car is Opti-coated.
i would say yes to your inquiry, however the beading is supposed to be different after you wash with ONRWW because of the CW ingredient in the ONR. i've noticed that as the weeks pass the gloss, beading and dirt repellency seem to be improving. i'm going to wait until May 1st or 2nd and then apply the SPNS. i believe the OC is still curing and or cross linking, so i decided to wait 30 days before i put anything on it.

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Use ONR for over a year now. Great stuff.

Will be Polishing/cleaning with alcohol/OptiCoating 2.0 my Obsidian IS-F...then will use ONRWW on it....
Originally Posted by bnlexus
Looking good, buddy. I read a little more about this stuff. I'm still skeptical about "no rinse" part especially on OB. I still do traditional wash or have you-know-who wash the car. Would you do it on your ex OB? As far as beading, SNS over 22PLE is a killer. Thanks for the tips. It was raining here yesterday and my wife said... "It looks as if you had crystal ***** rolling off your hood!" And this is a few months after I applied the stuff on.
i was skeptical also BN, i make sure i rinse the hell out of Inga before i use the ONR. i would have used it on my OB. make sure you rinse her and then pre soak each panel with the ONR before you begin to wash. i just bought 36 MF towels to use with the ONR. it will be safe on your OB. i have no wash marks, clear coat scratches, marring etc. and i've washed her 4 times already using the ONR & ONRWW. if you want... give it a try on an inconspicuous area, if done right there should be no marks or anything left on your paint.
Old 04-19-13, 02:47 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I love ONR. It has alot of different uses. It's all we use at work for washing.

Quick Reply: Onr & onrww