Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Zaino z-cs clear

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-12, 12:43 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Zaino z-cs clear

it is recommended that u use 3 to 4 coats per year of the Z-CS. what happens if u use more than 3 to 4 coats? can you damage your paint in anyway? just curious.
Old 05-21-12, 12:51 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No damage if you do more than 3 or 4 of Z-CS per year.. ...and you probably already know that you can just apply more Z2 or 5 layers for example on top of Z-CS. I do that all the time, and then finish with Z-CS, repeating the process over and over.
Old 05-21-12, 04:09 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BertL
No damage if you do more than 3 or 4 of Z-CS per year.. ...and you probably already know that you can just apply more Z2 or 5 layers for example on top of Z-CS. I do that all the time, and then finish with Z-CS, repeating the process over and over.
actually the only zaino product i use is Z-CS. i use ChemicalGuys..... religiously, after i wash or polish etc. i like to put on a layer of Z-CS as my last step. Like the shine and protection of Z-CS. not sure if it lasts up to 9 months though.
Old 05-21-12, 04:53 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, I'm a 100% Zaino kinda guy in terms of these products for the last 15+ years, so can't suggest the result of the combination or results in your case, except to say if you've read the Zaino site, it eludes to Z-CS working on top of other products. If you want to be sure, I suggest you contact Sal, the originator of Zaino products with the contact link on the Zaino site -- he has personally been very responsive the few times I've asked questions. For the most part, Zaino products feed and benefit from one another -- e.g. Even the Z7 wash, actually helps the bonding of any existing Z2 or 5, increasing the look and durability, and you can mix and match the polish combinations without restrictions inside the Zaino line.

BTW, duration of any product is going to depend on the elements you expose it to. I for one, don't believe the maximum duration or strength of any product, regardless of manufacturer.

Last edited by BertL; 05-21-12 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added comment about duration
Old 05-21-12, 05:26 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BertL
Well, I'm a 100% Zaino kinda guy in terms of these products for the last 15+ years, so can't suggest the result of the combination or results in your case, except to say if you've read the Zaino site, it eludes to Z-CS working on top of other products. If you want to be sure, I suggest you contact Sal, the originator of Zaino products with the contact link on the Zaino site -- he has personally been very responsive the few times I've asked questions. For the most part, Zaino products feed and benefit from one another -- e.g. Even the Z7 wash, actually helps the bonding of any existing Z2 or 5, increasing the look and durability, and you can mix and match the polish combinations without restrictions inside the Zaino line.

BTW, duration of any product is going to depend on the elements you expose it to. I for one, don't believe the maximum duration or strength of any product, regardless of manufacturer.
so far i haven't had any problems using zaino over chem guys. IMO i think the results are great. i was a zaino user a couple of years ago. i have a whole box of zaino products that i don't use,,,, except the Z-CS. i've done the ZFX, Z-2, Z-5, Z16 OH,,, and i use the Z-18 clay bar. i found chem guys to be better quality and easier to apply and remove, that's why i switched. and i to do not believe the duration of the protection unless your car is in the garage 24 hrs. a day.
Old 08-31-22, 10:09 PM
bill5
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

oops wrong thread