Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Tree sap!!! HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-01, 11:24 AM
disc108
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I went to school today and parking was hell, as usual. and the only place open was under a tree. I thought it would nice to have some shade but alas, when i went back after class, it was cover, and i mean COVERED in tree sap and bird crap.

The thing is, i have a final and a 5 page paper due (in about 4 hours and I'm 35% done) so i dont have time to wash my car.. =*(... NO!!!!! and i know the longer i keep that crap on my car, the harder it will be to get it off. i have already tried goo gone (that stuff sucks!!!) so can anybody give me some recommendations on what to use?

I am thinking of just taking it to a hand car wash place but I don't trust them to treat my car as well as I do and have always washed my car myself (must be some sort of weird pyschological bond).

Please reply!!! Even if you dont know and just want to share in my suffering. Damnit. Must write my paper now.
Old 03-16-01, 11:51 AM
chowder
Driver

Originally posted by disc108
tree sap and bird crap.
I just like the rhyme.

If you can just run some water over it, that should hold you over till you can hand wash it. I too am afraid of automated car washed.
Old 03-16-01, 12:02 PM
Grush
Rookie

Go buy a clay bar at Pep Boys or Kragens. Takes it right off and leaves your paint baby bottom smooth. Need to wax afterwards.
Old 03-16-01, 12:08 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

Yeah, i've been planning to clay my bar but i hear its a real pain. i plan to do it next week after finals and i hate it when it rains right after i wash my car.. and the weather report says that we might have some showers on sat. i just want a quick fix idea because if possible, i want to do my essay, pick up some stuff at target, quickly get this stuff off, and go to take my final. but judging by the amt of crap on my car, im guestimating that it might take at least an hour.
Old 03-16-01, 12:18 PM
LexusLady
Pole Position

Turtle Wax's Bug, Tar and Tree sap remover - works wonders!!!

C.
Old 03-16-01, 02:12 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tree Sap & stuff

I would use the Bug & tar remover and if you still see a shadow of dirt that has set into the paint then you'll definitely want to use the clay bar.