Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
Old 12-16-14, 11:48 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

Anyone with experience using Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-11, 11:22 AM
SystemShok
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with experience using Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax?

Hey all,

I have been a long time Zaino user (8 years) and I don't know I think this summer season I want to try something different. I have a black SC430 now and I want to test out different products. You could say I want something (if there is anything) that gives a DEEPER shine. Zaino from my experience gives off a brilliant shine but is a 'plastic' kind of look instead of a deep deep rich look if that make any sense ?

So my question to anyone with experience with Dodo Supernatural Wax, preferably someone who tried Zaino already THEN switched to this wax is what are your thoughts? I did research on Dodo Juice and saw some pictures on a light color car. From what I see in the pics the shine/deepness of the color is unbelievable ! And this is from a light color car !

I assume it collects more dust because it is a wax?

Any info is appreciate !
Old 04-07-11, 02:04 PM
embolism
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never used it but the wax is really just the icing on the cake. I don't think many ppl can tell the difference btw 2 sealants or 2 waxes on a perfectly polished car. That said, there are a few that come to mind for a black car... natty's blue, pete's 53, Collinite 915 to name a few...
Old 04-07-11, 03:43 PM
SystemShok
Driver

Originally Posted by embolism
never used it but the wax is really just the icing on the cake. I don't think many ppl can tell the difference btw 2 sealants or 2 waxes on a perfectly polished car. That said, there are a few that come to mind for a black car... natty's blue, pete's 53, Collinite 915 to name a few...

Thanks for the info. Here is the pic I was talking about with Dodo Supernatural Wax on it. Your right most people wouldn't tell the difference but to the owner of a car whose a car fanatic it might be a huge difference.

Old 04-07-11, 05:00 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

To be honest, any car can look good like that with any wax, as long as it was polished and prepped prior.
Old 04-08-11, 11:18 AM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zaino is a sealant that tends to plastify the look of the car. SN 2.0 has the warm carnauba glow. Zaino is advertised to last 1 year but I had it last much less on a non-garage queen. SN 2.0 lasted 6 months before I got bored and took it off.

And yes, I've owned and used both. Keeping the SN 2.0
Old 04-10-11, 05:59 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Polishing and other prep work is critical. After that a high quality wax can really make the paint look it's best. I've used the Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax and I really love it. It adds a tremendous amount of gloss and depth to the paint. However what I think distinguishes it, is the clarity of it. It's really looks amazing on any color. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg
Old 04-12-11, 08:14 PM
embolism
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are worried about dust, there is a Supernatural Hybrid coming out soon. Should be more durable and like a sealant, would attract less dust than carnauba
Old 04-12-11, 09:40 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

^That's the con about Wax. Dust magnet.
Old 04-12-11, 11:07 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
^That's the con about Wax. Dust magnet.
And precisely why adding a finishing agent like Meg's UQD or similar is recommended. Keeps the contaminant catching ability to a minimum and really makes the car smooth. Well worth those last 4-5 minutes to hit the fresh wax with it.

Big Mack