Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

wait for pads or are the bonnets ok for now??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-11, 06:55 PM
filthywet
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wait for pads or are the bonnets ok for now??

i have a question. my car is in need of a good detail. light scratches and in need of serious swirl removal. i went and got a da polisher. ( i have those big 6in and 10 in orbital buffers but ive heard you get way better results with the da's). so heres my question. its recomended to use some nice pads (lake county's ccc pads) but i have a meet to go to and i dont thing the pads would come in from autogeek.com ontime unless i got rapped up the *** for overnight shipping. Do any of you guys use the microfiber or terrycloth bonnets they sell like at autozone or kragen/orilley's. and if you do which fabric would you use as far as cutting/polishing, final polish, waxing? thanx in advanace. any input would be greatly appriciated. oh and i also got the clay bar for that 4 step detail:top:

obiously id use the pads for next time later in the year for another detail when i have time for them to come in
Old 02-02-11, 08:43 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went to my local advanced auto parts store and they started carrying Meguiars Professional Line. They have the buffing pads for polishing, heavy cut, etc.

Check it out if theres one near you.
Old 02-03-11, 12:14 AM
filthywet
Driver

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
I just went to my local advanced auto parts store and they started carrying Meguiars Professional Line. They have the buffing pads for polishing, heavy cut, etc.

Check it out if theres one near you.
see i thought thats what i saw. i went to autozone and good guys and didnt see them but im going to try and look for them tomorrow. thanx
Old 02-03-11, 04:56 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe one of the Auto Parts stores have pads for you to get or try calling some body shops in your area, they should carry pads and be able to help you. Remember I can get them for you and ship out ASAP for you if you need pads or any other detailing product.

http://www.properautocare.com/porcabpolac.html
Old 02-03-11, 07:26 PM
filthywet
Driver

Originally Posted by Angelo@ProperAutoCare
Maybe one of the Auto Parts stores have pads for you to get or try calling some body shops in your area, they should carry pads and be able to help you. Remember I can get them for you and ship out ASAP for you if you need pads or any other detailing product.

http://www.properautocare.com/porcabpolac.html
will do if i cant find the pads locally somehwere ill just wait out and order them from you. i hadnt seen your website. but just checked it out. you guys have some good pricing. thanx.
Old 02-03-11, 11:50 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where you located? There are places in LA, Irvine, and San Clemente that carries pads
Old 02-04-11, 05:17 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you can't get the pads on time, just buy some meg's nxt 2.0 wax

it won't last too long but it has fillers to cover the swirls. it's not a long term solution but it will get you through the meet.