Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Looking for a carnauba wax...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-10, 09:29 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Looking for a carnauba wax...

So here's the scoop. I love waxing my car and usually do after every wash. I have used sealants in the past but to me, they just don't compare to a carnauba wax. I like waxing a lot (every 2 weeks at least) so I've been using Meguiars #26 since it is relatively cheap. My question is what else can I get out there that isn't too overly price yet still gives me good protection. thanks for the help!
Old 03-02-10, 06:36 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PlatES300
So here's the scoop. I love waxing my car and usually do after every wash. I have used sealants in the past but to me, they just don't compare to a carnauba wax. I like waxing a lot (every 2 weeks at least) so I've been using Meguiars #26 since it is relatively cheap. My question is what else can I get out there that isn't too overly price yet still gives me good protection. thanks for the help!
If you want to stay in a relatively moderate price point, try the P21S waxes. They'll give you that warm carnauba-look and will last 2-3 months. The trick is to apply it in several thin coats. I recommend applying the wax over a three week period.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...xes/Categories
Old 03-02-10, 08:25 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you click on our Wax you can sort by price on the left hand side. We have several really good options. The Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax is an awesome value for any color but especially darker colored paints. For lighter and warmer colors the Poorboy's World Natty's Red Paste Wax is an awesome choice. Both give a great shine and provide solid protection.

I know you said you were not a big fan of sealants and I can understand. Some of the cheaper store brand ones I have tried have a very plastic like look to them and did not impress me. However some of the high quality ones do produce a shine that rivals a carnauba wax but durability that far exceeds a natural carnauba wax. If interested I would suggest checking out the Poorboy's World EX-P Sealant for a great value. For the best overall results I HIGHLY recommend the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger. It has an amazing gloss, really deep shine and is easy to use!

With all of these products you can save 10% with the coupon code for forum members 10offCL. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 03-02-10, 10:07 AM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Natty blue on a dark colored car is The only carnuba I use.
Old 03-02-10, 10:19 AM
bjsdjs300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

collinite 915! cheap and last a really long time. on a wax test on another forum it fell second to one of swissvax's wax ( dont remember the exact one) and on other test its always up in the top 5. its what i got on my car right now and i havnt added a lay for months and it still beads like its fresh.
Old 03-02-10, 04:58 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks for all the responses everyone. I'm going to try out Natty's blue. this is going on a grey car so hopefully I'll get the results I'm looking for. I'll post up some pictures once it gets in.

Last edited by PlatES300; 03-02-10 at 05:14 PM.