Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Learn from some of the top Professional Detailers at DetailedImage.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-09, 02:08 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Learn from some of the top Professional Detailers at DetailedImage.com

Detailed Image is proud to announce a new section of our website, Professional Detailer Articles, highlighting the work of some of the best professional detailers in the industry. Our goal is to provide easy to follow content to help you improve your detailing skills and techniques, make better decisions on what products to use and see what type of results some high end detailers achieve. We've broken down the articles into three major sections: How-To's & Articles, Product Reviews and Details Performed.

The first detailer we are recognizing on our site is Todd Cooperider, owner of Esoteric Auto Detail, located in Columbus, Ohio. Todd was recognized as one of the top 9 pro detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine. When you view some of Todd's work, you quickly realize why he was selected as one of the top detailers. His ability to comprehend the job at hand, formulate a game plan, and utilize proper detailing techniques combined with using quality products is what makes Todd so successful. Seeing an Esoteric Detail is exactly why detailing is viewed as an art form.

Below are some of the articles Todd has submitted and can be read in full on www.DetailedImage.com

How-To's / Articles
Leatherique How-To going over the entire Leatherique process using Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean as well as before and after pictures.

Engine Bay How-To covering the do's and don'ts of engine bay detailing.

Properly using a Clay Bar article covering everything you need to know about using a clay bar to remove embedded contamination and to properly prep your surface for the next steps.

Wheel, Tire and Wheel Well Detailing covering what you need to do to achieve eye catching wheels every time.

Product Reviews

Menzerna Power Finish PO203S Review - "I have used Power Finish on a lot of cars since it was introduced, and I am always impressed with its versatility."

Optimum Opti-Seal Review - "Every great now and then a breakthrough detailing product comes along that sets the new standard with its performance, ease of use, value, or its versatility. For Optimum Opti-Seal spray sealant, it hit the mark in every single category!"

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Clear Review - "Not only did I find CG CWC to be high-sudsing at either ratio, but it also has a high level of lubricity to ensure your wash media glides gently across the surface of the vehicle to prevent damage to the finish. A high quality wash like this will gently lift and hold the soil in suspension for a scratch-free rinse."

Mini E-Z Detail Brush - "I find myself using the Mini E-Z Detail brush on every single detail that I perform, whether it is on the wheels, in the engine compartment, between exhaust tips, in door jambs, and more. It's truly a versatile product that every auto enthusiast should have in their arsenal of detailing tools and supplies!"

Chemical Guys Fade 2 Black - "I wanted to take a brief moment to introduce you to a tremendous interior/exterior spray dressing: Chemical Guys Fade 2 Black. Immediately following my first test it became a staple item in the Esoteric arsenal that I use on every single detail!"

Esoteric Detailed

Todd showcases some of his work with detailed explanation of the entire process and photos to go along with each step.

2008 BMW M6

2008 Z06 Chevy Corvette

2006 Mercedes SL500

2008 Lexus LS460L

2008 Lexus RX350

2004 Mercury Marauder with 542hp

We hope you enjoy the new section at Detailed Image. Look for more articles from Esoteric Auto Detail and more top professional detailers from across the world.

If you have any suggestions on an article you would like to see, please shoot me a PM or e-mail. If you are a pro detailer interested in publishing some articles, feel free to contact me for details.

We look forward to helping you get the most out of each and every detail you perform.

Thanks for reading,

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-01-09, 06:12 AM
SupraMan17
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some good information up on that site. thanks greg.
Old 07-01-09, 07:15 AM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read all of the how-to articles by Todd of Ecoteric Auto Detail. There is a wealth of great information for the beginner to the professional. There are some nice tips with product reviews as well. Thanks Greg!!
Old 07-01-09, 04:46 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

these are AMAZING reads... i cant begin to tell you how valuable the information and pictures are. I actually noticed this section before and have read almost all the articles. thanks to Greg and Todd. very very
Old 07-02-09, 12:57 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

I'm really happy to hear the information has already been helpful to you guys. Todd does do some amazing work and he also does a great job of conveying it to others and documenting his work. We have more of his articles on the way so please keep checking back when you get time.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-06-09, 06:31 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Sometimes it’s the small things that make a big difference between a good looking car, and a great looking one. Your paint can look fantastic, but if you haven’t taken the time to properly detail areas such as the wheels, wheel wells, glass, or the exhaust tips, then the job simply isn’t complete.

View our latest article by Esoteric Auto Detail, cleaning exhaust tips.

See how Todd transforms these old exhaust tips...

to a like new condition...

Read the entire detailing your exhaust tips article

Enjoy your new tips!

Greg @ Detailed Image