Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

The Wetness of Zaino...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-06, 07:24 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hendjaz
Some other posts have referred to the "new" Z5 as being particularly gooo for black paint. I have been using Z2 on black but also have a 5 month old bottle of Z5. I checked the Zaino website for just a second and it appears that the bottle of Z5 in the picture does in fact say "new" on it. The description of the product also emphasizes its attributes for black and other dark colors.

Anyone know how long the "new" Z5 has been available and whether it is in fact improved in some way over the prior version, particularly for blacks? Sounds like I should be switching from Z2 to Z5 for black and wonder if my current bottle of Z5 is just as good as the new or whether I would be better off getting a new bottle.
The new Z5 has been significantly improved in a number of ways (the most significant is it's filling ability, which is why it specifies black cars). There are a couple good reviews on Autopia.
Old 06-02-06, 07:54 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by picus
The new Z5 has been significantly improved in a number of ways (the most significant is it's filling ability, which is why it specifies black cars). There are a couple good reviews on Autopia.

Thank you again Picus. Rather than getting a new bottle of Z5 I have ordered the Clearkote RMG as suggested although I might still use the Natty blue as a topper since I have it ready to go, unless you think that the Clearkote nuba topper is a much better way to go on the black.
Old 06-03-06, 01:24 AM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yESman
Well it's a true statement. Megs rarely changes it formulas. That is the history since I got involved in the late 80s with their product. They are not bad for a mass market product but the quality level is no where near Zaino from clarity, gloss, durability standpoint.

The proof is in the results. Do great prep work on two cars and apply both to different sides (I've done this a number of times). The Zaino will look better and last longer. Face it, their tech is much more advanced.
May I ask how is it that you know the inner workings at Meguiar's? Do you personally know the chemists that work there? My post was almost a direct quote from Mike Phillips of Meguiar's on Meg's forums. I'll quote it here in case you missed it:

Meguiar's chemists update all of the product formulas whenever new technology is developed.
Are you saying that he is lying? Since I don't work at Meguiar's and don't know anyone who does personally, I think I'll take Mike's word for it over yours. He does, in fact, work for the company. Just because they don't announce every change in formula (like some other companies do, so that they can use it as a marketing tool) doesn't mean they're not constantly improving the formula.
Old 06-03-06, 01:28 AM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitarman
Ok guys, all I ask here is that you agree to disagree. We'd better serve CL with subjective opinions as you're now doing, but keep it respectful towards each other and let's not allow it to get vitriolic from here, we're good right?.

After all...this isn't Iraq...The DaVinci Code or Evolution vs Religion..it's ...car wax! (relatively speaking).

Sometimes perspective is needed. Now...go out to the garage and polish!
I agree. Opinions are one thing, but when someone states an untruth as though it is fact is doing a disservice to the community IMHO.
Old 06-03-06, 06:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,314 Posts

Originally Posted by SDLexus
I agree. Opinions are one thing, but when someone states an untruth as though it is fact is doing a disservice to the community IMHO.
Right, but the most important piece is that a moderator asked all members contributing in this thread to cool down and be polite and respectful to one another.

You apparently did not catch the hint as your posts above clearly continue the arguement. You could have made your points more politely or via PM.

In the future when a moderator posts in a thread and asks for cooler heads to prevail and conflicts to cease, I strongly suggest you listen to him/her.

Originally Posted by SDLexus
May I ask how is it that you know the inner workings at Meguiar's? Do you personally know the chemists that work there? My post was almost a direct quote from Mike Phillips of Meguiar's on Meg's forums. I'll quote it here in case you missed it:

Are you saying that he is lying? Since I don't work at Meguiar's and don't know anyone who does personally, I think I'll take Mike's word for it over yours. He does, in fact, work for the company. Just because they don't announce every change in formula (like some other companies do, so that they can use it as a marketing tool) doesn't mean they're not constantly improving the formula.
This thread is closed