Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Odd Question: Clear Bra & Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 02:18 PM
Acinonyx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd Question: Clear Bra & Cleaning

Just a quick one....if you have a clear bra, should you wax it along with the rest of the car? How about if you normally use a polish (Zaino)?
Thanks for any info.....this is my first ride that I've had the foresight to install a clear bra on and I'm not sure the normal procedure.
Old 05-04-06, 02:36 PM
drck1000
Driver

I do not use Zaino, but I do apply Klasse AIO and my sealant on the clear bra the same as with the rest of the paint. The dealer that installed by clear bra also gave me a can of Plexus, but I have not used it yet.

Do be very careful when claying hear the edges of the clear bra. Once you get the clay at the edge of the film, it's a pain in the A#@ to remove. Even worse if you're using blue clay like I did. Also be careful when applying the polish or sealant near the edges of the film as some residue can build up at the edges. However, a Q-tip with some quick detail spray will clean that up pretty easily. Some masking tape would help with those two issues as well..
Old 05-04-06, 09:10 PM
hguy4x
Driver

I tape the edges of my clear bra with blue painter's tape. It only takes a couple minutes and it'll save you a LOT of headache at the end. (I also tape up the moldings on my windows as well)

I was told by my installer (sam at premier) not to polish the clear bra. so when I detailed I didn't polish.

I wax pretty regularly (once every two weeks).
Old 05-06-06, 05:43 AM
DakotaRX
Driver

One of the automotive sites I found with info on the clear bra suggested that instead of applying waxes or polishes, you apply 303 Aerospace Protectant. I've been using that on both my clear bra and on the tires. Like the looks of it on the tires and also like that fact that it doesn't feel "greasy". By the way, liked the suggestion of using painter's tape along the edge. Neave thougth of that, but do use a Q-tip.