Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

"Cleaner" wax or "regular" wax....confused at Autozone

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-06, 07:20 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Cleaner" wax or "regular" wax....confused at Autozone

So I was looking at buying some wax for the new ride and dropped into Autozone for some supplies. I left with nothing.

They appear to have 2 types of wax for sale. Your typical Meguires Gold type waxes, then your Zymol type "Cleaner" waxes.

My car is new and I would like the paint gleeming. Not sure if I need a cleaner wax just yet, but want to make sure the first waxing is done right. I already plan on clay baring it as well.....

Any advise is appreciated.
Old 03-18-06, 07:26 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really that big a difference - the Zymol one just has some clay based cleaners in it that help remove particulates from the surface of the paint. If you're going to clay anyway it's kind of redundant - they both look similar after they're applied. I'd buy whicever was cheaper.
Old 03-19-06, 09:26 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have used a lot of the different waxes at Autozone over the years. Zymol works pretty well. I was reading and searching about different waxes and polishes a couple years ago and stumbled on Zaino products. I've been using them the last couple years and its the best stuff I've ever tried. You can search the forums here about it many people have used their stuff. I just received my big spring order of Zaino stuff in the mail last week. Zainobros.com is the website its online order only. I use their leather products, clay bar, polish, and gloss enhancer spray.