Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Armorglove worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 06:01 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Armorglove worth it?

After an accident from a couple months ago (thankfully not my fault), my ES came back with a new front bumper, fender, and a refinished and repainted hood, as well as a new headlight and fog light. With pretty much a whole new front end for my car, I'm thinking of applying some paint protection for it, particularly Armorglove for the hood and bumper. I don't plan on having the backs of the mirrors protected since the paint does not look new. Here are some questions I have:

- Will the AG film be noticeable on a black car like mine?
- Do I need to worry any yellowing or peeling issues with AG?
- I do mostly town-town driving and some highway driving on weekends, and I like to keep my ES for at least another year or so. Is AG worth the install?
- This question is for those living in the South. I plan on taking my car down to FL at the end of this summer. Will I run into a lot of road tar and debris on the highways down there? I've noticed my mom's Sienna in FL has some road tar on her front bumper which can't be removed at all

TIA
Old 05-05-05, 09:32 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusk8
After an accident from a couple months ago (thankfully not my fault), my ES came back with a new front bumper, fender, and a refinished and repainted hood, as well as a new headlight and fog light. With pretty much a whole new front end for my car, I'm thinking of applying some paint protection for it, particularly Armorglove for the hood and bumper. I don't plan on having the backs of the mirrors protected since the paint does not look new. Here are some questions I have:

- Will the AG film be noticeable on a black car like mine?
- Do I need to worry any yellowing or peeling issues with AG?
- I do mostly town-town driving and some highway driving on weekends, and I like to keep my ES for at least another year or so. Is AG worth the install?
- This question is for those living in the South. I plan on taking my car down to FL at the end of this summer. Will I run into a lot of road tar and debris on the highways down there? I've noticed my mom's Sienna in FL has some road tar on her front bumper which can't be removed at all

TIA

Actually, in the summer, it rains so much here in Tampa, that the roads are spotless. But you will have to put up with love bugs for about the 2-3months in the mid summer. During the winter, no bugs.

So it really depends on where you live in florida, but if its the Tampa/Orlando area, you will be fine. If your only going to keep this car for another year, I personally dont think its worth it. It would be worth it if you just purchased the car, and plan to keep it for 4-6 years.

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 05-13-05 at 05:58 AM.