Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Clearing up some Zaino questions (direct from Sal himself)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-05, 10:56 AM
chewbone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaino is great although labor intensive that first application.
- dawn soap was
- claybar
- zaino wash
- 1st application with accel.
- 2nd application

after that though, when you wash it simply spritz some of the zaino spray and
buff and man what a shine.

I even used it on an older toyota and i had neighbors come over to see what the heck
i had done to put on such a shine.
Old 08-30-05, 05:54 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I can attest that Zaino works. I applied Z3 with the accellerator at the beginning of summer (2 coats) and the water still beads as it did the first wash after it was applied. I am floored at how well this stuff works, and it's easy to use.
Old 09-03-05, 04:18 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I just finished putting a couple coats of Zaino on the car on top of all those other layers. I'm actually sitting in front of the car outside now with dirty fingers and sore arms.

Anyways, I had a quick question....now that I have all these coats on, should I put a layer of carnuba on them. If so, will I get any use out of the Z6 or Z8 sprays that I have in the garage. SInce it helps rebuild the polish I applied, how will it do this with a coat of carnuba wax inbetween it and the layers of polish under there?
Old 09-03-05, 06:59 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SInce it helps rebuild the polish I applied, how will it do this with a coat of carnuba wax inbetween it and the layers of polish under there?
Once you apply the carnauba over the Zaino, you've sealed off the Zaino, so either apply the carnauba and say you're done (till it wears away) or don't apply the carnauba and then use the detail sprays. I'm sure it woundn't *hurt* to use those spray products over the carnauba, but since they're engineered for use in conjunction with the Zaino sealant, you may as well use it the way it was intended, for the best benefit.
Old 09-03-05, 07:57 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Guitarman
Once you apply the carnauba over the Zaino, you've sealed off the Zaino, so either apply the carnauba and say you're done (till it wears away) or don't apply the carnauba and then use the detail sprays. I'm sure it woundn't *hurt* to use those spray products over the carnauba, but since they're engineered for use in conjunction with the Zaino sealant, you may as well use it the way it was intended, for the best benefit.
That's what I assumed. I left the carnuba off and figured I'd use the spray. I can always put more Zaino on.
Old 04-04-06, 11:05 PM
02_SY_5spd
Driver School Candidate

I'm aware that the Black Onyx IS300 has clear coat added to the black pigment in the paint rather than a layer on top of the paint. Does this classify as a clearcoat paint or a one step???

^I only use Zaino btw.
Old 04-05-06, 10:27 PM
02_SY_5spd
Driver School Candidate

Could somebody with the knowledge PLEASE answer my question above^ ?
Old 05-08-06, 05:18 AM
twkid84
Pole Position

Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit

Zaino Ultimate Protection Show Car Kit

which kit should i start with?
I have never use them

or should i just buy them individually?
Old 05-08-06, 05:44 AM
Guitarman

02_SY_5spd, your paint is technically referred to as single stage.

twkid84: I don't have an answer for you on which you should buy, it comes down to what you can spend and what you think you'll use. I have only bought their products in small quantities, only what I wanted.
Old 05-13-06, 04:33 AM
twkid84
Pole Position

is there a way to skip buffing during the prep stage?
i really have no idea how to do it and have no necessary tools either.

is it hard to buff? any recommendations for the tools required?

during the whole prep stage, do i need to keep the car in a place where there's absolutely no dust? or will it ruin it all.

Thanks
Old 05-13-06, 06:28 AM
Guitarman

In that case. it's time for you to do some reading, here's a great article right up your alley. Get back to us afterward and we'll fill in info you don't understand.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-polishing.html
Old 01-22-07, 10:21 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

Thanks for the help
Old 06-17-07, 12:20 AM
KINGLS430
Pole Position

Ive got a Lexus LS-430 a 2006 UL and i love to see it shine ive waxed ive polished ive even coughed up 60 dollars a week to have the thing professionally hand washed and polished is ziano the anwser to my prayers i hope so cause right now from driving in the city my car looks beat up And im picking up a very important client in 2 weeks to take him on a weekend get away and it is a 8 hour car ride when i pick him up from the airport i want this thing to look limo status Money is no object obviously what should i purchase and how should i apply it? Step by step
Old 06-21-07, 02:44 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a onyx black IS, here is my stance on zaino. it is hands down the best product...... my proof was last week at the autobody shop when the owner said that he has never seen a black car so shiney, pulls out his brand new S550 in black and parks it next to it. HUGE difference. His car is a day old and mine is a year.
the reason why this all came about was i got some rocks chips that needed to be repaired, he said that he could not duplicate this finnish. I said "what finnish, its factory" he kept telling me that he has never seen another black lexus or black car for that matter that had that deep of a shine.
I told him what i used....
he ordered some and is waiting for the time to apply it.

Proof #2 (remember this is my opinion)
i used maquires paint cleaner, polish then NXt wax; not only was the finnish not as deep or shiney, but after a day it attracted alot of dust and retained it longer then when i had zaino....... so i rewashed it with dawn and then re applied the zaino, im much happier now.
my suggestion is get the z3 or z5 depending on color, i have z5 and i used z6 between coats as instructed as well as when i wash the car i use the z6 as a gloss enhancer to remove any of the excess towel markes from drying, looks perfect.

also it applied splotchy so i had areas that looked like thier was not even any wax, and i applied it lightly (twice)
i have not tried thier all-in-one yet but i dont know if its nessacry.

remember this stuff takes very little, and the more you layer it up the more deep it gets, i have about 12 coats right now.

the steps i use to get the results that i like are
1) clean the car with dawn (twice)
2) claybar depending on how rough the finnish feels, it should feel smooth.
3) maguires paint cleaner
4)z5 atleast 3 coats the first day with 1 hour drying and set up time inbetween. once its been buffed off i use a light mist of z6 spray then reapply the z5 and repeat.

nice thing about zaino is it goes on easy and buffs off easy, get some nice microfiber clothes and your good too go.
Old 06-25-07, 06:24 AM
froll
Driver School Candidate

Try adding a layer of ZCS - will give even a deeper shine

Quick Reply: Clearing up some Zaino questions (direct from Sal himself)