Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Detailing advice for new ES350

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-23, 05:51 AM
hrpufnstuf
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Detailing advice for new ES350

I recently posted a question about washing my new 2024 caviar ES and appreciate the responses. I feel I should have it waxed soon and have an appointment with a body shop that we have used several times and they do excellent work as far as body work goes. I dont have references on their detailing work though.
I would like to ask them some questions about their procedure and would appreciate all responses

What questions should be asked of them regarding their procedures and the materials used to wash and wax before I agree to have them do it? Based on what I've read, I expect this to cost around $150 since it's a new car, no external damages or special cleaning required, and it will not include the interior.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-23, 06:23 AM
autotech13
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 143 Posts

[QUOTE=hrpufnstuf;11609703]I recently posted a question about washing my new 2024 caviar ES and appreciate the responses. I feel I should have it waxed soon and have an appointment with a body shop that we have used several times and they do excellent work as far as body work goes. I dont have references on their detailing work though.
I would like to ask them some questions about their procedure and would appreciate all responses

What questions should be asked of them regarding their procedures and the materials used to wash and wax before I agree to have them do it? Based on what I've read, I expect this to cost around $150 since it's a new car, no external damages or special cleaning required, and it will not include the interior.

Thanks.[/QUOT
I would go to a car detailing shop, they really know what to do.
Old 11-09-23, 02:36 PM
hrpufnstuf
Driver School Candidate

I met with the person at the body shop who does the detailing for them. That's all he does. He described his process which includes washing, clay bar, polish, and finally waxing. He said the car looked so good that I probably wouldn't be able to tell he had done anything. I must say it really does look great after the wash with Meguiars ultimate wash and wax. He said if it was his, he'd do nothing right now. Continue to wash with the Meguiars, get a good detail spray, and maybe buy an electric blow dryer.
Old 11-17-23, 04:44 AM
Sullivan
9th Gear

Start by inquiring about their washing process, including the type of soap used and whether they employ a two-bucket method. When it comes to waxing, ask about the type of wax applied, any paint correction procedures, and the number of coats typically used. Learn about their drying techniques, such as the use of microfiber towels and any additional measures for thorough drying. Consider special considerations for sensitive areas, such as emblems and trim. It's also essential to understand their quality control measures, including a final inspection and how they address any imperfections. Inquire about the duration of the detailing process, appointment scheduling, and a breakdown of the cost, so you know what you're paying for. Lastly, ask about guarantees or warranties on their detailing work. Being well-informed will help you make a confident decision and ensure your new car gets the care it deserves. Best of luck with your detailing appointment!
Old 11-17-23, 07:47 AM
byzatic
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Consider a ceramic coating instead of wax. It will last much longer and repel dirt and water better.
The following users liked this post:
autotech13 (11-18-23)