Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TOMS exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-07, 02:18 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TOMS exhaust

anyone got the toms exhaust?

Im considering either the toms exhaust or this comapny called fox skyline, that manufactures diff exhaust systems for the cars

pros and cons for TOMS:

pros: its toms . probably will get more hp out of the car wiht toms than the other one. (can some comment on if this is true pls???) the toms dealer says almost 10hp ( he is probably just being a salesman!!)

cons: price, it isnt as loud as i would like it, but then again the dealer wasnt exactly revving the engine all the way

pros and cons for fox skyline

pros: cheaper ($500 less), sounds really good, very loud and aggressive
cons: i want TOMS but is it really worth it

Pls gimme feedback on wat ud do if u were in my case, and reasons to go /not go with either of them.
Old 11-27-07, 06:12 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm...

Originally Posted by ndk83
anyone got the toms exhaust?

Im considering either the toms exhaust or this comapny called fox skyline, that manufactures diff exhaust systems for the cars

pros and cons for TOMS:

pros: its toms . probably will get more hp out of the car wiht toms than the other one. (can some comment on if this is true pls???) the toms dealer says almost 10hp ( he is probably just being a salesman!!)

cons: price, it isnt as loud as i would like it, but then again the dealer wasnt exactly revving the engine all the way

pros and cons for fox skyline

pros: cheaper ($500 less), sounds really good, very loud and aggressive
cons: i want TOMS but is it really worth it

Pls gimme feedback on wat ud do if u were in my case, and reasons to go /not go with either of them.
10hp dude...Mine gave me 16...at the wheel. Megan OE-RS Racing Exhaust all the way bro.
Old 11-27-07, 07:33 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

so 10 is realistic? i thought the guy was just tryin to sell me the car, i dunnno if we have megan here, ill look into it. Is there certain exhaust designs i should be lookin out for? that may give better results?
Old 11-27-07, 07:38 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Tom's exhaust is just an axle-back, right? If so, then 5 rwhp is all you could get from it. To get more than that, you have to replace the mid-pipe and secondary cats.
Old 11-27-07, 07:48 AM
05LSV
Lead Lap

http://www.optionimports.com/meraoeexleis.html

Megan OE-RS Racing Exhaust - no x-pipe?
Old 11-27-07, 10:45 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gernby
Tom's exhaust is just an axle-back, right? If so, then 5 rwhp is all you could get from it. To get more than that, you have to replace the mid-pipe and secondary cats.

well this is the description and pics from from the toms website:

Made by full-stenless steel,SUS304 60mm diameter of pipe , 120mm diameter of tail Oval , preservation standard conformity, reference proximity exhaust volume 86dB (Genuine muffler, 85dB)(Numerical value of is numerical value of a GSE21 standard car)
Attached Thumbnails TOMS exhaust-17400-tge20.jpg  
Old 11-27-07, 10:52 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Wow, it looks really nice! I like how they have the oval tips, but if the pan was chromed/polished it would be even better. I would like to get an exhaust, but I've been through that before and the noise is not worth it to me anymore.
Old 11-27-07, 10:54 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Internet Sales

so 10 is realistic? i thought the guy was just tryin to sell me the car, i dunnno if we have megan here, ill look into it. Is there certain exhaust designs i should be lookin out for? that may give better results?
You'll have to order via internet
Old 11-27-07, 10:57 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

the one from fox skyline i believe is a suimilar setup , cat back exhaust, that is that wat u mean by an axel-back?? secondary cats are where exatly? im assuming they are closer to the headers.

SO if all thats true then it really wouldtnt be worth it to go wtih TOMS? since ill have the same gains as the louder cheaper more aggressive fox skyline

pls that way i can still use my s2000 tips lol
Old 11-27-07, 10:58 PM
Chaser07
Driver

Default X-Pipe

Originally Posted by 05LSV
http://www.optionimports.com/meraoeexleis.html

Megan OE-RS Racing Exhaust - no x-pipe?
I'd assume that the X would be where they join at the resonator & then split back apart...
Old 11-27-07, 11:00 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
Wow, it looks really nice! I like how they have the oval tips, but if the pan was chromed/polished it would be even better. I would like to get an exhaust, but I've been through that before and the noise is not worth it to me anymore.
toms noise is very minimal, its a subtle drone, thats the only thing i dont like about about it, but then again i dont know if ill begin to get annoyed by a loud exhaust after some time.

BUt if ur lookin for the subtle exhaust with a somewat better note, then TOMS barrel is for u
Old 11-27-07, 11:02 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chaser07
I'd assume that the X would be where they join at the resonator & then split back apart...
do u have by any chance a video or sound clip of how he megan exahaust sound??
u got me interested in them yesterday, but the fact i cant find them locally is putting me off
Old 11-28-07, 06:24 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

The secondary cats are located near the front of the car where the mid-pipe connects to the exhaust manifolts with integrated primary cats (we don't have headers).

The Megan exhaust doesn't have an X-pipe. It just has 2 Y-pipes separated by a large resonator.
Old 11-28-07, 07:31 AM
Chaser07
Driver

Default Sound Clip - Exhaust Only - No Intake

do u have by any chance a video or sound clip of how he megan exahaust sound??
u got me interested in them yesterday, but the fact i cant find them locally is putting me off

For those of you that have seen this, it's the same one that I've posted before. And again, I am still unsure if he has the whole set up or just the back half because mine is louder for some reason. I'm sure my Injen intake doesn't help the fact that it's louder but I guess you can get an idea of the "tone" from these clips.

I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT I'LL GET SOME CLIPS OF MY CAR UP BUT I PROMISE I'LLL DO IT TONIGHT! HAHA...BUT FOR NOW THESE WILL HAVE TO DO.

(OUTSIDE OF CAR) http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ-vTHbKpxg

(OUTSIDE OF CAR) http://youtube.com/watch?v=sAVSvyRxxNg

(INSIDE OF CAR) http://youtube.com/watch?v=beb67aBHUbc

(SOME KID BURNING OUT WITH THE MEGAN)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NnbVk8wxN9w
Old 11-28-07, 12:01 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Chaser07
10hp dude...Mine gave me 16...at the wheel. Megan OE-RS Racing Exhaust all the way bro.
I know its going to be hard to believe me..

But I have done some extensive DYNO Testing (using a DYNOJET system) and 16rwhp on the IS350 from the Megan exhaust or any exhaust is very, very hard get..
10-12 rwhp is very doable.

I assume your DYNO testing was done on something other than the Dynojet system...??

Joe Z

Quick Reply: TOMS exhaust