Borla off road exhaust (local pick up only dfw) $600.00

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-08, 08:29 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Borla off road exhaust (dfw $600) (if shipped $750)

Yep.

I am selling my borla. You already know about it. I did a massive write up about it a year ago.

It's not the easiest install in the world, but not the hardest either. I already took care of the fitment issues with welds that borla should have done a long time ago.

The x-pipe is what you are after on this thing. Look up magnaflow's or burns x pipes and see how much they sell for.

Anyways, use the search button to figure out the details on the exhaust. I have had the borla over a year now. It's too loud for me. Don't get me wrong, it sounds meaner and better than any other wussy *** exhaust out there. However, and I quote something close here that gernby once said (this isn't exact, but close) "i am a 30 something yr old single dude that has clients in their car. I can't be driving around with a loud exhaust". I have put my stock mid pipe back on and my magnaflows. the sound has dropped, but no chit my torque seems to have dropped too. I know i shouldn't be able to feel it, but it seems like it.

Brand new its 1300 plus shipping.

This is half price.

I also, could care less if I sell this or not, so the price is 600 bucks. The xpipe is worth half that alone if not more.

If you listen to the video, the pulsing you hear is from the x pipe. You can't get that sound with your tanabe, greddy, blitz, etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR1lENHRAZ8

Here's another video caymandive and someone else did also with borla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbHWllQm9mE

You will gain 10-14hp with this exhaust.

I dyno'd on a dynojet dyno higher than any other NA is350 with it in a horrible DA day. (284rwhp)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAHO5eIMik

The pulse you hear after 3-4k is the xpipe pulses.

Last edited by combfilter; 12-04-08 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-16-08, 06:39 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Can't believe you are selling the exhaust, but I understand where you're coming from. First hand experience with the Borla I can say without question that it is the most powerful bolt on exhaust for the IS350.

Bump for a great price and reputable seller.
Old 11-17-08, 04:37 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn im thinking i would drive out there..
Old 11-19-08, 08:27 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This sounds perfect on the IS...for 600$ and a full set up someone needs to jump all over this. The axle back systems are selling for more then this! If I had my IS I would be in the car this weekend to pick this up.

bump for a really good price!
Old 11-19-08, 02:34 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Hey. I am going to give this thing 2 more weeks for local pick up only, then I am going to go ahead and offer to ship it. All the pm's i have received about this exhaust have been out of state. I don't think the TX boys read anywhere but the southwest forums and you are not allowed to post classifieds in there.

Anyways, this is a FULL exhaust so it will cost a lot to ship. I will have to ship it in 2 boxes. I have a greddy box (thanks carchitect)that will fit half the exhaust and will have to come up with some other box for the rest of it. This will cost me at least 125-150 to ship (in which buyer will pay). I know the axle back shipping price is 100-125.

I also am going to throw in 2 brand new gaskets that will cost you 30 bucks from lexus. Free from comb merry xmas.

So 2 weeks from today it will be first come first serve.

I have the manual and all that and if I remember right there was even a borla sticker in there.

I also had 2 awd dudes ask me if it will fit. I am not sure about that. You will need to ping Borla and ask them. For some reason I don't think it will.

Also, I don't know what the gains would be for a 250. All the gains measured have been on 350's.
Old 11-19-08, 03:24 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohh swt! man i would sell my tanabe for this! hope u decide to ship
Old 11-19-08, 03:41 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

You are in CA you need to check your laws there.

To you CA folks

1. NO you will not pass a visual inspection test of this because it removes your secondary cats *thus the off road use only version*

2. If there is no visual inspection you WILL PASS a emissions inspection. Your primary cats do such a good job that you will pass with flying colors. Also, your ecu will know everything is "pass" since your primary cats are in place.

Check your state laws if you are interested. I am sure guys in CA can find people that don't do the visual part, but this is a buyer beware. Don't come back to uncle combfilter stating you didn't know this was the off-road version
Old 11-20-08, 04:30 PM
bondman2
Driver School Candidate

damn that just sounds mean mean mean.... good luck on the sale man really
Old 12-02-08, 03:41 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

OK as of midnight tonight first come first serve if anyone wants it. Local price is still 600.

I will only ship in the continental US. shipping will be 150 (it will actually cost me more than that, but I will eat some of that). I will have to ship it in two boxes. If for some reason shipping is less than 150, I will send you back the difference.

Price here local = 600
Price if i ship = 750 (in which if it's less than 150 to ship, i will paypal you back the difference).

first person to PM me after 12:00am CST tonight gets it. I will start a list. If the first bidder can't paypal me the money in 48hrs, i will move down the list).

If you are in CA read the laws and all that before you buy. If you have an awd check with borla about fitment. Other than that, don't be stupid. You should already want this exhaust and know all about it if you are thinking about buying it.

I have a great reputation on this site so you can purchase this without worry. Even though the mods have a love hate relationship with me on this site, I personally have met one, and the other has seen me on here for 2yrs and knows that I am a stand up dude.

My reviews are honest, and you will end up with the most powerful bolt on exhaust for the is350. It does sound wicked too.

this is half the price of a brand new one.
Old 12-02-08, 05:01 PM
orlando628
Pole Position

i wannnaaa it XD um will check engine light go on tho if i out it on my car? and will it work on a is250?
Old 12-02-08, 11:45 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your willing to ship this out... ill pay for shipping..
Old 12-03-08, 06:27 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

i3urton is first, he has 48hrs. If he doesn't make it then

Last edited by combfilter; 12-04-08 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-03-08, 08:33 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

i3urton you do realize you are in CA and this exhaust is not legal there right?
Old 12-04-08, 10:30 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Exhaust is sold.

Thank you for shopping.

Last edited by combfilter; 12-04-08 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-11-08, 06:14 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I new this would sell fast for such a great price! Wish I could have fit this on the GS

Quick Reply: Borla off road exhaust (local pick up only dfw) $600.00