WTT: 08' Wood trim for your silver trim+cash

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 10:08 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: 08' Wood trim for your silver trim+cash

Our 2008 IS350 should be here on Monday-Tuesday of next week & I want to get rid of all the wood trim pieces. PM me if you want to trade your silver trim plus cash for our wood trim pieces. Your silver trim pieces has to be in mint condition & has to have the heated seat control opening. There are 7-pieces:

1) Center console
2) Cup holder lid
3) Ashtray lid
4) Drivers window switch
5) Front passenger window switch
6) Rear left door window switch
7) Rear right door window switch

I prefer a local transaction but will ship if necessary. Thx for everyone's time.
Old 10-04-07, 10:37 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think normally for this kind of trade, it's YOUR woodtrim PLUS cash for someone's silver trim.
Old 10-04-07, 11:10 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cspec
I think normally for this kind of trade, it's YOUR woodtrim PLUS cash for someone's silver trim.
Really? I thought the wood trim pieces were much more expensive based on the threads in the past I just searched right before posting this WTT thread. There's no way I'm giving cash plus oem wood trim pieces for the silver trim pieces. If that's the case, I'll just ask my bodyshop to paint match Tungston Pearl assuming no one's interested in my offer. I guess we'll find out.
Old 10-04-07, 11:14 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Yeah, but a lot of people don't like the "upper-class" wood trim in a sporty car in the IS.

Maybe you can look into CF interior overlays, as that would probably cost the same as painting the interior of your car.
Old 10-04-07, 11:21 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cspec
Yeah, but a lot of people don't like the "upper-class" wood trim in a sporty car in the IS.

Maybe you can look into CF interior overlays, as that would probably cost the same as painting the interior of your car.
Yeah, I agree about wood trim in a sporty car like the IS. I really don't want to use overlays unless the bodyshop goes apes on a price quote to paint the wood trimming. If nobody's interested w/in a couple weeks then I'll ask the bodyshop for that price quote.
Old 10-05-07, 02:38 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wood is much better, I would go for CF though.

goodluck anyways!
Old 10-05-07, 06:12 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rashood
wood is much better, I would go for CF though.

goodluck anyways!
To each their own I guess but I cringe everytime I see pics of an IS interior w/wood trimming. There are no cf replacement trim pieces that I'm aware of & like I said, using a cf overlay is the last option.
Old 10-05-07, 09:53 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Yeah!
Really? I thought the wood trim pieces were much more expensive based on the threads in the past I just searched right before posting this WTT thread. There's no way I'm giving cash plus oem wood trim pieces for the silver trim pieces. If that's the case, I'll just ask my bodyshop to paint match Tungston Pearl assuming no one's interested in my offer. I guess we'll find out.
hahaha....that's funny.....1 silver trim = 1000 wood trim....it's hard to find....infact...there are couples of guys who's still trying to find someone to trade....GL
Old 10-05-07, 03:42 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by t.is350.h
hahaha....that's funny.....1 silver trim = 1000 wood trim....it's hard to find....infact...there are couples of guys who's still trying to find someone to trade....GL
Thx!
Old 10-05-07, 07:02 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

this is one reason why i don't have HIDs in my car. I could not get passed the ugly wood in the preferred package.
Old 10-05-07, 07:15 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by badpinoy
this is one reason why i don't have HIDs in my car. I could not get passed the ugly wood in the preferred package.
You mean the premium package? The preferred package has the trunk mat, wheel locks & cargo net. Given a choice between:

1) Wood & HID or

2) Silver & no HID

I would've gone w/option #1 since oem HID is more important to me than having the silver trim but that's just me. Yes, I know you can retrofit HID's but I don't like that option if I can have it from the factory.
Old 10-05-07, 07:32 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

yea my bad the premium package. i thought i could live with the wood. until i test drove a car with wood. it was just too ugly. my mom even said its for old people. but to each his own. i would pick option number two.
Old 10-05-07, 08:05 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by badpinoy
yea my bad the premium package. i thought i could live with the wood. until i test drove a car with wood. it was just too ugly. my mom even said its for old people. but to each his own. i would pick option number two.
Yeah I agree wood doesn't belong in an IS (like I said previously). Then again, HID's are harder to install in an IS than an interior trim. Granted it's not that hard if you've done it before but if your electrical wires malfunction for any reason then the dealership can point towards the aftermarket HID's as the culprit. However, if you just switch interior trim pieces, there's nothing you can mess up besides scratching the interior yourself. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 10-05-07, 08:13 PM
Kristoble
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Yeah!
You mean the premium package? The preferred package has the trunk mat, wheel locks & cargo net. Given a choice between:

1) Wood & HID or

2) Silver & no HID

I would've gone w/option #1 since oem HID is more important to me than having the silver trim but that's just me. Yes, I know you can retrofit HID's but I don't like that option if I can have it from the factory.
Plus w/ the Premium package, you get the Perforated leather-trimmed interior & Heated and ventilated front seats! Option 1) all the way in my opinion!
Old 10-05-07, 08:20 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kristoble
Plus w/ the Premium package, you get the Perforated leather-trimmed interior & Heated and ventilated front seats! Option 1) all the way in my opinion!

Quick Reply: WTT: 08' Wood trim for your silver trim+cash