WTB chrome door handles and chrome trunk bar, wheres the best place to buy them new

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-15, 04:55 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB chrome door handles and chrome trunk bar, wheres the best place to buy them new

just like the title says. i am looking for a new set of chrome ( not black chrome ) outside door handles and a new chrome ( not black chrome ) rear trunk bar. i am only looking for the OEM factory Toyota ones. i know Carson Toyota sells these but they don't stock them and there is quite a bit of a wait. are there any other alternatives to reputable places to buy these items new with possibly less wait times ( 4-6 weeks is ridiculous for something that just needs to be shipped and not made ). any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 01-13-15, 06:29 PM
Tnguyen9i6
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by g1kon1whee
just like the title says. i am looking for a new set of chrome ( not black chrome ) outside door handles and a new chrome ( not black chrome ) rear trunk bar. i am only looking for the OEM factory Toyota ones. i know Carson Toyota sells these but they don't stock them and there is quite a bit of a wait. are there any other alternatives to reputable places to buy these items new with possibly less wait times ( 4-6 weeks is ridiculous for something that just needs to be shipped and not made ). any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Keep a eye out on the classifieds. Someone just sold off 3 yes 3 sets of the chrome handles
Old 01-13-15, 06:37 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tnguyen9i6
Keep a eye out on the classifieds. Someone just sold off 3 yes 3 sets of the chrome handles
i've looked a little bit. i'm pretty sure i saw the thread your talking about, but they were all used handles. i'm only looking for new items. thanks for looking out and giving me a heads up, i appreciate it.
Old 01-13-15, 06:49 PM
Tnguyen9i6
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by g1kon1whee
i've looked a little bit. i'm pretty sure i saw the thread your talking about, but they were all used handles. i'm only looking for new items. thanks for looking out and giving me a heads up, i appreciate it.
Fasho..when you find these handles let a brother know. I'm good off the trunk bar tho. Handles piece of cake, did my actuator motor replacement late last year so I'm pretty good on the handle removal
Old 01-13-15, 10:01 PM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Nigel-JDMparts in the vendor marketplace. I bought JDM blue mirrors, chrome trunk bar, JDM visors from him. Price is fairly cheap and great service
Old 01-13-15, 10:27 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Just so you know the door handles are around $4-500 new, vs most people selling them for $250 or less... but, they can be found on ebay, JZSInternational, or EliteAutoStyle.
Old 01-13-15, 10:38 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Originally Posted by Riksgs808
Check out Nigel-JDMparts in the vendor marketplace. I bought JDM blue mirrors, chrome trunk bar, JDM visors from him. Price is fairly cheap and great service
will do. thanks for the heads up. i appreciate it.
Old 01-13-15, 10:43 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Just so you know the door handles are around $4-500 new, vs most people selling them for $250 or less... but, they can be found on ebay, JZSInternational, or EliteAutoStyle.
yeah i got a quote from Carson Toyota for $395 for the door handles and $135 for the trunk bar. the only down side is that shipping is 4-6 weeks thanks for the heads up though. the problem with the ebay route is that most of them want some ridiculous shipping costs. i'm not in a hurry for them but once i pay for them i want them quickly thanks to everyone who has chimed in, i really appreciate it.
Old 01-15-15, 03:04 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Check the Classifieds. msarahlex had 4 sets for sale for sub-$200 and they were snapped up pretty fast. I had mine for sale a few months back but most people are all talk so I ended up just throwing them in my storage room with the rest of my extra parts...