CA HKS RS Coilovers, Swift Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-11, 10:54 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
Default HKS RS Coilovers, Swift Springs

Alright guys, time to semi-part out my car. It's been a great pleasure modding this car, but my S2000 will be my daily driver so the GS will go to my parents. They don't like driving a lowered car so back to stock!

First item up is the HKS RS coilovers.

It comes with 9k/8k spring rates so the ride is sport oriented without killing your back. I normally drive with the setting towards the softer side (30-way adjustment) and it's a perfect balance between comfort and handling. The coils has about 15k miles on it. There are no leaks, damage, etc. I will put a disclaimer, and that is these coils are not made for chassis-to-the-floor-slamming. If you want something that slams, look elsewhere. They are capable of tucking tires and putting your chassis inches off the ground, but why ruin a good set of coilovers?

The set includes the wrench and I believe I still have the owners manual.

They're still on my car, but I will probably end up removing them soon (ie. this weekend?). Pictures will be taken then, but rest assure these are not beat up. You're probably not going to find another set in this condition, let alone a set of HKS RS.

I'm pricing this at $950 local pickup (OC/LA Area). Not interested in shipping unless you want pay for shipping/paypal. Price is sort of firm so please don't offer me a ridiculous price. If the price is too high for you, I'm sure there are other sets out there

Next up is a set of Swift springs (2 springs). These springs replaced the front HKS coil's spring. They're 2.5" wide, about 6.5" long with a spring rate of 10kg/mm. Yes, 1kg/mm more than stock HKS, but it rides smoother and handles better. Since they're made with less coil windings, you have less chance of coil binding at the near limits of compression vs the HKS.

These springs are also in good condition. Not rusted or anything. I probably have maybe 2k miles on these. You're going to pay about $185/pair new from Swift. I'm letting these go for $150 shipped. You can add this to any coilover that uses 2.5" Diameter springs.

If I have time, I will probably remove my Borla axle-backs also. They're the ones with the newer oval tip, not the old looking round tips.

Once again, I will provide pictures soon once I have time to remove the parts.