GS400 430 300 CLEAR fogs / fog lights NEW, will trade for YELLOWS

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-05, 12:02 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GS400 430 300 CLEAR fogs / fog lights NEW, will trade for YELLOWS

ive got a set of new clear fogs on my gs400 i will be willing to trade for a mint set of yellows (as mine are mint as well). i wont be throwing in cash on top if you want my clears for your yellows, i would possibly (depending on the trader and condition of his lights) request a few extra dollars for my lights plus yours, since whoever is trading obviously wants the clears instead, and it really doesnt matter to me either way. since these "convert your fogs to hid foglights" posts have been popping up, ive seen people looking for the clear lights so here they are. also if you need a reference check, my ebay screenname is JDMTOYZ. verified member will all positive feedback there as well as with paypal for years. if interested drop me a PM or just leave it here. as i said my lights are mint they were installed on the car the day before i picked up the car at lexus of smithtown because the ones that were installed previously had some condensation in them, so replacing them for me was part of the purchasing deal. id expect a pic of the lights you have for trade if youre actually serious about trading.

mike d.
Old 07-08-05, 12:57 PM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Out of curiosity..Why does everyone want Yellow over clear or am I missing something.Is one better over the other or is it a cool mod Im missing out on??
Old 07-08-05, 01:42 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the look of having HID and Yellow fogs is a unique look ...a Lexus Look that many try to duplicate ...and GS3 dont come w/ yellow fogs so many like to change these out ...me personaly didnt want the yellow fogs so I broke the yellow glass tube that is inside the fogs and got some RAZO Preminum White Zero bulbs to to match my hids and now Im doing something different ....all in all to each his own ....

one more thing...the yellow fogs are more in demand than the clear ..new or used ....IMHO... so good luck on your on your trade upstateGS4 ...
Old 07-08-05, 01:58 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXISM
...and GS3 dont come w/ yellow fogs so many like to change these out ...
Well, to correct what was mentioned above....GS3 with Lexus OEM HIDs come with yellow fogs.

Basically, if you have Lexus OEM HIDs for lowbeam on you 2nd gen GS...then you got yellow fogs.

Halogen lowbeams comes with clear fogs.

Pete
Old 07-08-05, 03:46 PM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanx for the reply..Was thinking about getting these for my yellow fogs..

Last edited by GSXLEX; 07-08-05 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-08-05, 05:22 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PHML
Well, to correct what was mentioned above....GS3 with Lexus OEM HIDs come with yellow fogs.

Basically, if you have Lexus OEM HIDs for lowbeam on you 2nd gen GS...then you got yellow fogs.

Halogen lowbeams comes with clear fogs.

Pete

thanks,
I though only GS4XX came with HID ... this must have only been in the early years...no ?
Old 07-11-05, 07:12 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXISM
thanks,
I though only GS4XX came with HID ... this must have only been in the early years...no ?

my 98 gs4 didnt come with hid. i had to upgrade to a set from xenondepot after i got the car. thats why i still have the clear fogs. i put silviana (sp?) siverstar whites in them and they are pretty damn white. people say they look real decent and go well with the hids, all white up front. but i have always been a fan of the hid headlight/yellow fog light combo..like lexism said, its a lexus look that people try to copy. im kinda annoyed that mine didnt come with because i got the lexus and im still trying to copy lol. oh well maybe ill just keep my clears and still be a little separated from the norm.
Old 07-11-05, 07:52 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have yellow foglights but my passenger side has a slight crack on it. Could the glass lens be swapped out? If so, i would like to trade my yellow fogs for clear.
Old 07-11-05, 09:46 AM
maxi-milli
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re

I would say just sell the clears and take the money and buy the yellows. If you want to sell the clears let me know. Post a reasonable price. I Live in NYC.