FS: Tein Flex

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-04, 01:26 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default FS: Tein Flex

Hi guys,

I am putting my Tein Flex up for sale. I've really liked the set up but this is my daily driver and I still have to shuttle my family around in it. I've heard enough complaints about it (from the boss ) that I am going to try something softer.

They have about 17k miles on them but mostly highway miles, which include a number of trips to SoCal. They are still on the car at this point. I will be making another trip to SoCal in a few weeks to get a few parts installed at TMEngineering so you will have to add another 800 miles or so (400 for the trip down and some estimated mileage between now and the trip). The Flex will be off for the drive back up to NorCal.

Anyway, I'd like to get $850 shipped (Continental US). Although I listed a shipped price, I will give preference to local buyers since I really don't want to deal with shipping it. I am in NorCal but I can work something out if you are in SoCal, especially if you want to meet up when I am taking the Flex off.

As for payment, I'll accept US Money Order or cash (for locals).

Please, serious buyers only.

Thank you.

Last edited by Neo; 01-06-04 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-06-04, 01:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

damn.... why i have seen so many set of flex up for sale after i got mine @_@ this is great price!
Old 01-06-04, 09:26 AM
jucee187
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent.
Old 01-07-04, 04:57 PM
Neo
The One

Old 01-08-04, 09:41 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Default Are Flex...

just a little too rough riding. With 3 gents selling em, one's gotta wonder if CS is the best value...

Can you guys offer some insight for someone riding on a stock set up and wanting to go w/ coilovers but remains unsure?

Thx-

Doug
Old 01-08-04, 10:06 PM
Neo
The One

This is what I posted on another thread:

Originally posted by Neo
Well, I am one of the ones selling my Flex. I cannot speak for the others but I love my Flex. It helps make the car handle like a dream. ( I also have a bunch of bracing, but I digress. ) Also, it is the only Tein coilover (of the street ones that are popular) that you can adjust the height and spring preload independently.

The only reason I am changing it is to appease my wife. (She did not ask me to, though. This is my way of doing something nice for her.) When we go places, I like to take my car. I love driving my car. She, however, is hesitant since the ride has changed. She also goes out of her way also to not drive the car (maybe that's a good thing ) but that is mostly because of the clearance issues. She is used to taking her SUV anywhere without having to worry about potholes, steep driveways, parking bumps, driving bumps, ...

Still, I'd like to be able to enjoy my car regardless of whether my family is in it or not. Therefore, I am trying to fix this situation.

I think that everyone's opinion of ride quality is different. A ride could be soft for one person and harsh for another. I have not had the Flex on by itself so I cannot speak to how it feels on its own. I have upper (STBs) and lower braces (sways, LCBs, 6-link) so all that adds to the "tightening" of the car. Most ride issues only come up when going over bumpy roads. Obviously on nice roads, the car will be smooth. I have driven with the car in the softest setting and I did not like it. It was too soft/cushy/bouncy for my taste. This is the setting when the family is in the car. It is still not enough for her. I am switching out for the ability to go even softer. Of course, I will not be driving at that soft position when I am by myself.

The only person who will know your tolerances is you. If you come from driving cars with sport suspensions and like that, the Flex at the lower settings could be too soft for you. Who knows? The best thing to do is to gather info (like you are doing now) and then try to find local members to see if you can get a ride in their car. The latter is the real eye opener of what your tolerances are.

Good luck.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-04, 08:33 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I am selling mine (appears to be sold already) and can say that they are fantastic. Considerably superior to stock and L-Tuned.Reason for selling after 5 weeks? Looking for something stiffer. With blower in the future and very possible track time, I will be looking at some HA's. For those interested in getting these from NEO-GET THEM!! You will not be dissapointed in the Flex's unless your gonna track you car.
Lee
Old 01-10-04, 01:06 PM
JBFGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a low ball offer but if you would sell them for 750 you got a deal let me know. Also do you have any pictures of them in there current condition?

Thanks
Justin Falla
justinfalla@hotmail.com
860-961-9040 Cell

I will get the money order/paypal out asap let me know.

I tried to PM you but you inbox is full

Last edited by JBFGS300; 01-11-04 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-10-04, 07:33 PM
roguenode
Pole Position

Neo, pm's sent.
Old 01-10-04, 08:34 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by roguenode
Neo, pm's sent.
Replied.
Old 01-15-04, 02:43 AM
Neo
The One

Old 02-05-04, 01:02 PM
Neo
The One

I've been getting some PMs, so I thought I'd update. Sale Pending.

Last edited by Neo; 02-05-04 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-06-04, 08:37 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

It's funny Neo says they're too firm (or his wife does) and PearlPower says they're too soft. Hopefully now that I've got 'em (going on soon) I'll find them just right!
Old 02-06-04, 08:52 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
It's funny Neo says they're too firm (or his wife does) and PearlPower says they're too soft. Hopefully now that I've got 'em (going on soon) I'll find them just right!
Bitkahuna, Don't laugh but the Tires can make or break the ride , and it all works together, the right combo is where it's all at.

Last edited by Lexkost; 02-06-04 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-06-04, 09:04 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Haha.

I found with the Flex that if you set it near the middle, 3 - 12, and don't go the extremes (at least on the soft side, I have not tried the harshest setting), the car feels better. With the EDFC scale of 0 for harshest, I ran 8 in front and 10 in the rear. The car felt much better than running 16/16 which is full soft.

With the CS right now, I run 8/10 for my wife. I don't even have to run full soft for her. The car at this setting actually feels better than full soft on the Flex. I personally run 4/6 and it handles pretty well. I think it handles better than running Flex full soft. CS cannot compare to running Flex in the middle or towards the stiffer side. The only think I dislike about the CS is the more muted ride. I don't feel as connected to the road but I think that's the compromise for a more luxury ride.

If I was in PearlPower's position of not having to contend with external reasons plus pushing the power limits, I would have stayed with my Flex. Not sure if I'd go to HAs like he is planning.

Bottom line is from what I've read on your driving style, Bit, you are going to love it.

Oh, BTW, the Flex is officially SOLD.

Last edited by Neo; 02-06-04 at 09:06 PM.