Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

I got Screwed by not2fast

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-02, 09:57 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PAYPAL SUCKS! (i agree...facilitates the fraud process)
Old 08-25-02, 07:39 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default hey guys

a while back I bought a pair of tires that were not usable at all as advertised and I paid via paypal credit card... the guy told me he would refund and then I never heard from him again.. Paypal gave me the bs about no refund because they do not promise the condition of the goods, etc. I then contacted my credit card company and provided the ebay ad, the emails back and forth and photos of the actual tires I received along with my attempts at finding a return address (which I never had even from UPS because the guy sent from a mailboxes etc with a bogus address and paid cash to ship)

Anyway, to make a long story short, I got my refund from my credit card company... and let them deal with paypal... paypal killed my account after that but I didn't care because at least I got my money back on a bad sale!
Old 08-27-02, 01:05 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to say it , but with a purchase this big i would never buy used . Better to pay a couple more hundred for a new product . Actually i rarely buy used because , you don't know what condition product is in. Seller can say its perfect when its not .

Just my .03 .
Old 09-09-02, 02:36 PM
pearlywhiteGS400
Driver School Candidate

Well guys,
It has taken a turn for the worst. Because he wouldn't return my calls i called him at work. when that didn't work i asked the biz owner to get involved as there was a crime committed from his co. Now not2smart is unimployed and he used the check he got from ups to pay his bills even after he said that he got the cashiers check today and was sending it out tomorrow and to top it off hee says he is moving to NJ for better job opps but he says he will pay me when he gets the money

WTF should i do?

Send the police after him and make him dissapear or

wait til he!! freezes over for my money

Any and all comments or suggestions(except any more from the wife ) are appreciated

any one have a set of 18's for trade for a set of 17 chromes with dunlop sp5000 (6k miles)

Thanks to all

Pearly
Old 09-09-02, 10:01 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Stick the cops onto the bastard! Find out where he lives....or moving to...NJ is my neck of the woods....things of this sort just **** me off. Ask him to return the goods if he cannot afford it...at least you have your merchandise back.

Last edited by LS4fun; 09-09-02 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-10-02, 02:08 PM
pearlywhiteGS400
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the moral support Manuel,

The problem is that i bought rims and tires from him. He shipped them ups and they lost them. and when ups paid the insurance, he used it to pay his bills. and i am fu%$ed. He is not returning my calls and no e-mails in a while. i have wasted a lot of time checking into what can be done, and i am wondering if i continue to waste more time on this punk. What to do what to do
He!! if i know

I don't wish this frustration on my worst enemy except maybe Not2smart(my only enemy)

any suggestions are welcome from all

Pearly
Old 09-10-02, 02:41 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Small Claims court

pearly,

unfortunately the cops won't get involved...they'll say it's a civil matter. As far as the crime UPS's insurance paid to cover the cost of the "insured"goods, the fact that not2fast screwed you brings it back to being a civil matter. If you take him to small claims court, and prove your case you may not get paid right away, but you will have an enforceable settlement which would then involve a Marshall to enforce collection (by whatever legal means necessary) garnishment of wages etc. If you can get all of your proof together (including conversation/statements) from UPS regarding the lost shipment and insurance payout you should win. Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.
Old 09-20-02, 02:52 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by GS4fun
PAYPAL SUCKS! (i agree...facilitates the fraud process)
Paypal SUCKS...100% agree. I bought a DVD player from ebay which was misrepresented by seller. Paypal was not able to do anything. "We regret to inform you that our investigation did not result in.....blah..blah...blah"