Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

FS HRE Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-06, 10:46 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FS HRE Wheels

OK I'm putting out the feelers here. I want to sell these HRE 545r Wheels.
They are staggered 18" 8.5 front and 18" 10.5 rear. They are silver centers with a polished lip. Currently have Michelin Pilots on the front and good year eagle GTs on the rear. I'm want to sell for the following reason:

These wheels were on my previous SC300 which I wrecked. I tweaked one of the 8.5 wide front wheels in the process. Sent it off to Fast Forward Wheels in LA who ended up not able to straighten the barrel but was able to strip all the paint of the center of the wheel. *&%$*#@#! It was repainted but a crappy job. Needs to be repainted IMO Then I sent it to HRE in Vista. They replaced the inner barrel, reassembled, resealed, new valve stem and center cap, etc. HRE said that there were still some discrepancies with the outer barrel but the wheels should balance fine and it did. However I feel a vibration between 60-70. IMO the outer barrel should be replaced and the center needs a repaint. About a $400+ job at HRE. That’s what I just paid to get the barrel done plus labor and shipping. I just built up my new SC300 these wheels look nice on it but they are just too rich for my blood. With my luck I’ll get curb rash on one or hit a pothole and tweak one.

So there you have it. Would $2600.00 be too much to ask for these wheels and tires?
I still have the receipt for just the wheels alone it was $4,000.00
Attached Thumbnails FS  HRE Wheels-hre.jpg  

Last edited by lfrers; 09-08-06 at 10:49 PM.