VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Producing my own line of VIP neck pads

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-15, 04:33 PM
super51fan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Producing my own line of VIP neck pads

Hey guys,
I am looking to produce my own brand of VIP products starting with neck pads to earn some extra income on the side. I was looking at reviews online and a lot of people do not like JP neck pads because they are not very comfortable so I think I am going to start by pushing comfort in my products. Also I believe price is an issue as well with popular brands, $100-$150 is expensive for the extra person to spend on a product designed for decoration. My product should retail around $40-$60 which is cheaper than others on the market.
Is there anything else I should address when I design my products. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 12-21-15, 05:39 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck man, I know there are a bunch of choices out there. I think as long as you have a cool logo, offer some different pattern choices, offer a thinner than JP option, and have a decent price then you should be able to move some.
Old 12-23-15, 09:45 PM
super51fan
Rookie

Originally Posted by sojah
good luck man, I know there are a bunch of choices out there. I think as long as you have a cool logo, offer some different pattern choices, offer a thinner than JP option, and have a decent price then you should be able to move some.
Thanks for the advice!

I just ordered a sample so ill keep everyone updated on the progress!
Old 12-23-15, 10:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I'd suggest making sure to connect with a lawyer on potential liability issues. Always think neck pads are pretty dangerous as they interfere with the headrest restraint that auto makers have designed to prevent whiplash in accidents. Make sure you form a LLC so someone can't take your house, etc.

Secondarily set aside budget for advertising. For example, you can't solicit or advertise your neckpads here on CL in any fashion unless you've signed up to be a sponsoring vendor first.
Old 12-25-15, 10:51 AM
super51fan
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I'd suggest making sure to connect with a lawyer on potential liability issues. Always think neck pads are pretty dangerous as they interfere with the headrest restraint that auto makers have designed to prevent whiplash in accidents. Make sure you form a LLC so someone can't take your house, etc.

Secondarily set aside budget for advertising. For example, you can't solicit or advertise your neckpads here on CL in any fashion unless you've signed up to be a sponsoring vendor first.
I agree 100%, I believe they should only be used for decorative purposes, such as lowing a car all the way to the ground lol. I think a lot of other VIP accessories should be the same way. I would never put a front table in my car because I would hate for my airbags to deploy and harm the passenger with the table.
I will be giving away a few products for promotion on ig/Facebook. I'll see if I can become a vendor here but I'm not sure what it takes yet.
Thanks for the support!
-Justin
Old 01-05-16, 01:48 AM
EazyRice1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck! Can't wait to see them.
Old 01-07-16, 12:51 PM
super51fan
Rookie

Originally Posted by EazyRice1
Good luck! Can't wait to see them.
Thanks for the support!

Update: I ordered my sample and it should be here in the upcoming week!
Old 01-12-16, 11:29 AM
super51fan
Rookie

BIG UPDATE
My sample arrived today and overall I am happy with it.

First, there was a communication error in the size of the pad but it is only a sample so it will not impact the production version.
Second, I plan on making the logo without the car and only the text.
Third, I will be switching the diamond stitching on bottom with the smooth leather on top.

All of this will be accomplished to keep the product in the $40-$60 range.

I welcome any comments or concerns with the product!
Old 01-12-16, 03:30 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

i think some will like that, just like some like the black with white lettering JP neck pads. I personally like subdued logos if at all. my first neckpads were the JP ones that were solid colored all black or all tan.

I like that diamond pattern a lot more than the plain smooth leather look personally. how do they make them more pillowly looking diamond, I have seen some mild pillowly looking designs that caught my eye.

these are the ones I currently have and only got them because to me these seem more like an expensive hand bag and look higher quality:

Old 01-19-16, 04:21 PM
prooks
Rookie

I'm in the market for a pair of neck pillows and would definitely consider these. The size of the JP pillows were a big concern of mine. Wasn't sure how they would fit on stock SC seats.
Old 03-22-16, 07:22 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

one thing i would personally clean up is the font used. I can't even read what it actually says and if I'm paying any amount of money for a decoration like that i want the brand name to be clear and sharpe. But i am happy that I'm not the only one who docent find their JP neck pads very comfortable.