VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

can the ultimate VIPcar be korean ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-10, 10:47 PM
OG_Mellow
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is one in long beach riding really low with VIP wheels
looks good!
Old 07-26-10, 08:48 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow some pics would be nice!

with the new influx of korean sedans about to hit the shores, it seems like these new korean cars will be the new frontier in terms of asian vip styling.

a dropped genesis sedan with proper wheels would make a bold statement.

Originally Posted by MelllowGS
there is one in long beach riding really low with VIP wheels
looks good!
Old 07-28-10, 08:43 PM
Mugen_1
Instructor

First thing I thought when I saw an Equus in person in February was "wow...LS knock off for sure."

That said, I still like this car. Of course, we won't be getting the limo version - not that it would sell anyway. It's definitely got the street presence, even though it's "just" a Hyundai. I'd drive one.
Old 07-29-10, 02:45 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

rocking a Hyundai is like rocking a knock off body kit .............
Old 07-29-10, 08:58 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

lexus is nice but it's getting a little repetitive, same platforms over and over again with the same formula over and over again in terms of vip styling.

in regards to hyundai, check back in about 1 - 2 years and see how you feel about hyundai then, u may be surprised.

samsung and LG were once considered budget brands, now look at where they are now ? some of them are selling for more than sony and people are buying them.

Originally Posted by skperformance
rocking a Hyundai is like rocking a knock off body kit .............
Old 07-29-10, 09:00 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

if it's a copy of anything, it would be a copy of the bently with the side accent flares.

the rear bumper exhaust integrated to bumper is now also being copied by bmw with the new 5 and 7 series.

Originally Posted by Mugen_1
First thing I thought when I saw an Equus in person in February was "wow...LS knock off for sure."

That said, I still like this car. Of course, we won't be getting the limo version - not that it would sell anyway. It's definitely got the street presence, even though it's "just" a Hyundai. I'd drive one.
Old 07-29-10, 09:48 AM
Mugen_1
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikemareen

samsung and LG were once considered budget brands, now look at where they are now ? some of them are selling for more than sony and people are buying them.
Exactly. Where I work, we sell LG, Samsung, Sony, Sanyo, Philips, Vizio and RCA televisions. When customers ask which is the best, I always tell them Samsung, followed by LG and Sony. In the 4+ years I've worked there, we've had more returns on Vizio brand televisions than all other brands combined. When Samsungs are returned, it's because the customers ended up buying a size too small or too large - rarely has their been a physical or mechanical defect.
Old 08-02-10, 09:16 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Here is a Kia K7 done up by a shop in korea (aftermarket exhaust kinda useless), soon to be released in the states as the Cadenza....starts at 26k, 6 cyl with 4 cyl optional, 195 inch in length makes it bigger than the lexus GS and about the same as the bmw 5 series; designed by the former designer of Audi.

for 26k , it will be interesting to see how the industry reacts to this. This looks better, bigger, and cheaper than the GS by about 15k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlyj2IPyA_I

Last edited by mikemareen; 08-02-10 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-02-10, 12:00 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

that **** is pretty baller! lol
Old 08-03-10, 02:47 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

LG samsung and so on may be budget brands but they never produced absolute garbage.
I was around when the first Hyundai's with lawnmower engines came out and they were crap in ever single sense of the word. You would always see one a the side of the road broken down . They would rarely have the owners with them as they just abandoned them instead as the owners were just plain tired of throwing money behind them anymore.

They have no class ,they came into the "luxury " game like a childish brat saying we are better than this car and that feature because we are cheaper . Just like Nelly and KRS-1 you always respect those who have gone before you.

Hyundai is a piece of **** and always will be in my book . They can have much better build quality and reliability but when you are at the bottom of the list to begin with you only have one way to go .

That being said I wouldn't buy 90% of the Lexus models made today because Toyota is plain lazy and building for profits and lost site of what made them #1 . Pre 2001 Lexus models are still the best ones .

Me owning a Hyundai is like saying its cool to have A.I.D.S , you can keep that crap.
Old 08-03-10, 07:56 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Me owning a Hyundai is like saying its cool to have A.I.D.S , you can keep that crap.
LMAO!!!! That was toooo funny!!!
Old 08-03-10, 08:09 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

the pre 2001 models just happen to be....wait, it happens to be your ucf20!!!wow what a coincidence of course they are the best. There was a guy with a ucf30 who said the same thing about 2007 and up lexus's!

anyways, things change and evolve. I don't see how hyundai is absolute garbage when they get great owner ratings, just look at edmunds. Right up there with toyota.

LG samsung and so on may be budget brands but they never produced absolute garbage.
I was around when the first Hyundai's with lawnmower engines came out and they were crap in ever single sense of the word. You would always see one a the side of the road broken down . They would rarely have the owners with them as they just abandoned them instead as the owners were just plain tired of throwing money behind them anymore.

They have no class ,they came into the "luxury " game like a childish brat saying we are better than this car and that feature because we are cheaper . Just like Nelly and KRS-1 you always respect those who have gone before you.

Hyundai is a piece of **** and always will be in my book . They can have much better build quality and reliability but when you are at the bottom of the list to begin with you only have one way to go .

That being said I wouldn't buy 90% of the Lexus models made today because Toyota is plain lazy and building for profits and lost site of what made them #1 . Pre 2001 Lexus models are still the best ones .

Old 08-04-10, 12:28 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

If I go to the dollar store and buy a bic pen I will be happy with the pen.
If I go to Macy's and buy a Mont Blanc then it is all relative.

Yes I own a 98 LS and an 03 GS and a 94 ES.
I also know more than a few people as well as those who work for TMC (Toyota motor corporation ) not stores or dealers. The 98-00 LS is the lowest warranty applied vehicle produced by Lexus period , not a guess . Maybe it is because when they had warranty most of the owners were too old notice but then what happened to the previous years it was produced for the same market ?

My 03 GS is built like crap when compared to previous Lexus models . If you are as picky as I am drive a 98-00 and an 01-05 GS and compare fit and finish and feel of the cars . The previous exact same (almost ) cosmetically feels stronger and stiffer , from the way its doors close to the noise the electric motors makes . All it took was saving a few cents on each part to make an extra billion when all was said and done. Personally I would have paid the extra 2500 more or so to get a better built car . Case in point why I don't buy cars built in North America as they have to source parts from North American companies where costs are way too high for the commodity they are selling thus leaving a good gap in costs to stay competitive.

Now before you twist my words again please reread what I said , I did not say they do produce absolute garbage but did
in view of the other electronic manufactures mentioned .

Compare apples to apples like taking reviews of the stellar the pony and excel . All wonderful cars with a place in history next to the pintos and javelins of the day .

bonafyd glad you got a kick out of it but it is true , just because Magic Johnson has it (HIV) and Easy E had it (RIP) don't make me want to run out and get some because they put a new face on the cereal box. Its still the same crap inside .
Old 08-04-10, 03:55 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn you talk as if you had stocks in the company ... pretty hatted views imo... times have changed
Old 08-04-10, 09:11 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

maybe he used to own a hundai excel!

Originally Posted by VipDout
damn you talk as if you had stocks in the company ... pretty hatted views imo... times have changed

Quick Reply: can the ultimate VIPcar be korean ?