VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Easy Street Auto Pilot

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-10, 12:40 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Easy Street Auto Pilot

So Im about to pull the trigger on this Easy Street. I need something to display my pressure and have 1 preset. This kit seems to be the one. Anything else I need to buy? I currently have the regular UAS Kit. Im hoping I dont need to buy anything else. Im spending more than I originally wanted on air Any cons of this kit? A member also told me that it inflates your bag when it detects a huge leak to prest psi. How hard is install? I did the UAS install myself with the help of members here Here is a link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AIR-27600/

Thanks guys!
Old 02-26-10, 10:03 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that kit comes complete with everything. If you're running 1/2 line, then the transducer (pressure sensor) fitting will fit. If you're running a different size line then you might want to call to see if they have the size you need.

Last edited by V8_Aristo; 02-26-10 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-26-10, 10:21 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice..i'm looking to go on air in the next month or so.. i wonder how this compares to the dakota digital #DHC-2002 Digital Height Control / Height & Pressure Control.. http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd131.htm
Old 02-26-10, 12:10 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've heard real bad things about that controller reference this thread
http://vipstylecars.com/forums/showt...ht=easy+street

also I've called the company before to get info about their products, their customer support is horrible, took almost 2 hours to reach somebody, no one returns messages, and unless you are purchasing a lot from them they dont care. But thats just my experience and opinion.
Old 02-26-10, 02:43 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks vlad, i actually saw this post but i forgot which controller it was...i guess no easy street for me...
Old 02-26-10, 02:55 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

I've had mine for almost 5 years with no problems. I also know of a few people that has them and haven't heard of it breaking down. Maybe me and those other people have just been lucky. I've had to call them a few time and even RMAed a faulty pressure sensor, no problem with that either.
Old 02-26-10, 03:57 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
I've had mine for almost 5 years with no problems. I also know of a few people that has them and haven't heard of it breaking down. Maybe me and those other people have just been lucky. I've had to call them a few time and even RMAed a faulty pressure sensor, no problem with that either.
That's good news, everyone has different experiences. I personally have not used this product so I cannot say how good it is, just going off of what is posted online plus my own experience with trying to reach them. However the best digital leveling system IMHO, is one that work off of height sensors rather than psi in the bags, since psi can fluctuate. Dakota provides either pressure or height or a system utilizing both. Accuair uses height. Those are the best systems currently on the market to my knowledge and experience.
Old 02-26-10, 03:58 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IcEnPinKi
thanks vlad, i actually saw this post but i forgot which controller it was...i guess no easy street for me...
No problem Will, sometimes you get what you pay buddy
Old 02-26-10, 05:56 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone know of ANOTHER air management kit for around 600? I know its a long shot but maybe.. All Im interested in is having 1 preset, thats all I ask. I dont even mind using switches..
And for those with height sensors, are they noisy? How does it exactly work? I mean, roads are uneven so, wouldn't the sensors be working nonstop letting air in and out of the bags? Im confused
Old 02-27-10, 12:49 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone know of ANOTHER air management kit for around 600? I know its a long shot but maybe.. All Im interested in is having 1 preset, thats all I ask. I dont even mind using switches..
And for those with height sensors, are they noisy? How does it exactly work? I mean, roads are uneven so, wouldn't the sensors be working nonstop letting air in and out of the bags? Im confused
A height based sensor is essentially a potentiometer, it lets the ride controller know what height you are at by the resistance value that it puts out. Height sensors make no noise, Benzs, Caddys, Hummers, LS430 and many other air suspension and hydraulic equipped cars use them with no issues. However a quality air ride system I have never seen for around the price you are looking for. Sorry.
Old 02-27-10, 08:36 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

What about this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DAKOT...#ht_4557wt_924
More than I want topay but...
Old 02-28-10, 10:28 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have wired this system at least half a dozen times on most of RE's cars, including my own. its a great system IMO and very easy to set up. the people complaining of problems on vipstylecars cut the wire harness and extended it and also used them with other valves. my guess is they did something wrong along the way. i have used this system ONLY with autopilot valves. by using their valves, its all plug & play. i nor any of my teammates have had any problems.

by the way, its cheaper from guage
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/autop...pgradekit.aspx
autopilot valve manifolds (1 manifold per 2 bags):
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/autop...oldvalves.aspx

Last edited by Kohinoor; 02-28-10 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-28-10, 08:09 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Thanks man. Do I need the manifolds? Or is it something extra. I have no clue, but I guess if I order this kit, ill figure it out
Old 03-01-10, 10:16 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can use your own valves, but im not sure how it wires up. using the manifolds will make it plug & play. it made my install as simple as wiring up some subwoofers.
Old 03-02-10, 02:26 AM
I.B.dAt.Fo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
i have wired this system at least half a dozen times on most of RE's cars, including my own. its a great system IMO and very easy to set up. the people complaining of problems on vipstylecars cut the wire harness and extended it and also used them with other valves. my guess is they did something wrong along the way. i have used this system ONLY with autopilot valves. by using their valves, its all plug & play. i nor any of my teammates have had any problems.

by the way, its cheaper from guage
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/autop...pgradekit.aspx
autopilot valve manifolds (1 manifold per 2 bags):
http://store.gaugemagazine.com/autop...oldvalves.aspx
I agree it is a great system and very easy to install. I saw their post on vsc also but i wasn't discourage in getting the system because of how they hooked it up. I do have small issue with the one touch ride height but its because of how I installed it and i hooked it up to airrunners manifold.

Quick Reply: Easy Street Auto Pilot