Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
Old 01-06-15, 03:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

Accelera Alpha tires any good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-10, 12:20 AM
Blk04GS430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Accelera Alpha tires any good?

Hi guys,

I just bought a 2003 GS430 and I need to replace all the tires on the car. I can get a really good deal from a family friend. He has the Accelera Alpha tires 235/45 ZR17 97W XL available for $85 each and that includes mounting and balancing. Is this a good deal for 235/45 ZR17 97W XL tires? I currently have the Yokohama YK520 245/45 R17 on the car right now.

I know you guys will say not to go cheap with tires and I understand why but I need replacement tires for now and I also plan on upgrading to 19" or 20" rims in a year or so. My car is used manly as a baby land yacht and it is not modded for extra performance. I also do not drive the car far or a lot. My average round trip is less than 10 miles and local roads. I may also travel 100 highway miles once every other month to visit family.

Has anyone tried Accelera Alpha tires and how is their quality?
Their website indicates that they are from Indonesia. http://www.eptyres.com/detil_product...elera45Series#

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated from my fellow CL brothers. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Jim

Last edited by Blk04GS430; 10-07-10 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-01-12, 10:08 PM
MrSatoV
Driver School Candidate

What what what?? no replies in over a year? Damn. I'm looking at these tires too for my SC400. Please, anyone with experience with these tires please chime in!
Old 02-02-12, 06:42 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Questionable quality? Questionable performance? Why risk it, just spend a little more and buy decent tires - they are the ONLY thing connecting your car to the ground. When you go to brake, accelerate, turn, in any situation, no matter how good the car is at it, your tires are the limiting factor...

It is actually kinda annoying to me the people that want something cheap because they are selling the car, have an older car, planning on new wheels, etc. Just because you don't plan on keeping them long, or have an older car doesn't mean that it deserves a cheap, underperforming tire.
Old 02-06-12, 07:08 AM
MrSatoV
Driver School Candidate

Well, the questionable quality/performance scared me off. I feel like mitsuguy about it... way to important to try to save a few bucks with it. I bought tires I know from experience stop extremely well and are very amphibious. The BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2. They ran me about $125, but so worth it. In fact, in a recent test they beat out some sort of de-facto high performance tires that cost nearly twice as much... in breaking and wet traction. Plus, they look cool has hell! LOL Suffice to say they perform WAY better than what came on the car... which brings me to the 2nd thing I agree with mitsuguy on... it does kinda **** me off when people slap some cheap, but maybe "look good" tires on a car to sell it. I'd just assume buy the car with bald tires on it.

Bottom line, your life and the lives of those who ride with you depend on that contact patch, the tire compound, and the structural engineering that goes into your tires. It's the #1 safety feature on your car.
Old 02-06-12, 07:12 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Always been a fan of the KDW 2's...
Old 02-13-12, 07:19 AM
MrSatoV
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Always been a fan of the KDW 2's...
They've made a huge difference in traction. Makes it a lot harder to drift though! LOL
Old 02-29-12, 10:31 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk04GS430

Has anyone tried Accelera Alpha tires and how is their quality?
Amazing. I've been in the wheel business since '97 and I've never heard of these until right now. Of course, specialty cars require specialty tires, so why would I, I suppose?

Tires are like shoes. Would you trust your feet to no-name shoes? Shoes are the most important thing you wear. Tires are pretty important, too!