Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

How About Rotors from iRotors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-03, 08:38 PM
Harv911
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How About Rotors from iRotors?

Is anyone familiar with the drilled/slotted rotors that "iRotors" offers on EBay?
Old 09-04-03, 04:03 PM
dartdoc1
Driver

I put the I-rotors and pads they sold me about a month ago haven't done a whole lot of driving but so far there holding up good I also installed stainless steel lines at the same time.
Old 09-04-03, 05:02 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have their rotors/pads on both my cars and have no ZERO problems with them. They come zinc-plated so you don't have to worry about it looking all rusted after you wash your car. A lot of other members here have their rotors too, such as MadMaxSC400, Howiedoit, ChairmnoftheBoard, ...

Here's a picture of my SC400 with half of Half-Dome in the back in Yosemite. I can't believe I didn't get the entire thing in there...
Attached Thumbnails How About Rotors from iRotors?-acleansc4yosemite.jpg  
Old 09-14-03, 08:03 AM
dartdoc1
Driver

UPDATE: The I-rotos I installed now have approx. 500 miles on them still look good and brake well the only thing is when I hit the brakes I can hear the front pads grinding. I bought the pads from I-rotors the brand was (dura) for the front the rotors still feel smooth so maybe it's just the pads or this may be caused by the crossed/drilled set up. It's not really a grinding noise but more of a ??? noise brake dust is a minium I guess time will only tell. Anyone expierenced this same problem
Old 09-25-03, 10:45 PM
98SC400
Rookie

Yeah, the brake pads Irotor sell are crap (IMHO). The grinding was driving me nuts, so I replaced them with Lexus OEM pads - A HUGE improvement.

I am happy with the rotors now.
Old 09-25-03, 11:21 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, when I get my rotors I'm staying with stock pads
Old 10-12-03, 01:13 PM
dartdoc1
Driver

Originally posted by dartdoc1
UPDATE: The I-rotos I installed now have approx. 500 miles on them still look good and brake well the only thing is when I hit the brakes I can hear the front pads grinding. I bought the pads from I-rotors the brand was (dura) for the front the rotors still feel smooth so maybe it's just the pads or this may be caused by the crossed/drilled set up. It's not really a grinding noise but more of a ??? noise brake dust is a minium I guess time will only tell. Anyone expierenced this same problem

Another update rotors are still smooth and look great approx. 1000 mile now but still expierencing the noise when I first drive the car the back pads (axis metal master's) will sqeal for the first 3-5 stops then don't hear them until car has set for a while but the front pads (dura) have a unusual feel as if they were grinding the pad away fast but w/ no sqeal to them very annoying as soon as I can get access to rack at a friend's shop going to put my old stock pads on and see if same thing happens. My old pads were only worn down abot 30% and my old rotors were in great shape so hopefully this noise when braking goes away they stop the car great but this annoying feeling and noise is not acceptable
Old 10-17-03, 02:20 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by dartdoc1
Another update rotors are still smooth and look great approx. 1000 mile now but still expierencing the noise when I first drive the car the back pads (axis metal master's) will sqeal for the first 3-5 stops then don't hear them until car has set for a while but the front pads (dura) have a unusual feel as if they were grinding the pad away fast but w/ no sqeal to them very annoying as soon as I can get access to rack at a friend's shop going to put my old stock pads on and see if same thing happens. My old pads were only worn down abot 30% and my old rotors were in great shape so hopefully this noise when braking goes away they stop the car great but this annoying feeling and noise is not acceptable
Correct me if I am wrong but "dura" tells me they are seposed to last longer; therefor they must be harder. If that's so then you no wonder you are hearing the grinding noise.

Can I invite you to show up at Elmhurst Toyota meet tomorow?

Chris
Old 10-18-03, 09:26 AM
suprang
Rookie

Are they mettalic? if they are that is your proplem, esp if they are cheap metallic pads... Try some kevlar ones next time, best compromise IMO... you can get them from KVR for 70 CAD i beleive...

Ang
Old 10-18-03, 04:36 PM
dartdoc1
Driver

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Correct me if I am wrong but "dura" tells me they are seposed to last longer; therefor they must be harder. If that's so then you no wonder you are hearing the grinding noise.

Can I invite you to show up at Elmhurst Toyota meet tomorow?

Chris

Chris, thanx's for the invite but had things to do today. You may be correct about being harder/lasting longer but I'm going to try stock pads 1st
Old 10-19-03, 04:29 AM
98SC400
Rookie

My Lexus has 110,000 miles on it and just had the first set of front pads put on. The rears have about 30% left. I would not worry about the longevity of the OEM pads.

Tom
Old 11-06-03, 07:31 AM
95BlackSC
Pole Position

Anybody have pictures of the actual Irotors themselves? I could not find one on their site. And the best bet is to go with their rotors and oem pads?
Thanks,
Zac
Old 11-06-03, 08:00 AM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SupraTT rotors from iRotor.com
Attached Thumbnails How About Rotors from iRotors?-rotors.jpg  
Old 11-06-03, 04:56 PM
dartdoc1
Driver

Here's a picture of I-rotors on my carI wouldn't get their brake pads very noisy and make annoying sounds f

sorry for such crappy pictures but the good one's I have take up to much room
Attached Thumbnails How About Rotors from iRotors?-oct05-03.jpg  

Last edited by dartdoc1; 11-06-03 at 05:00 PM.