Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Question for Manaray regarding manaray vr5 quest wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-03, 01:39 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts
Default Question for Manaray regarding manaray vr5 quest wheels

Hi there Manaray!

How r u doing? I love your car! Very sweet indeed!

I was browsing your gallery and came across a pic with a very nice looking wheel - 18x9.5 manaray's vr5 quest.

Do you know where I can get this wheel from? Does it come in 19's? I cannot make up my mind about the Work Equip Superchromes and these. I like the style of these better (the vr5's), but don't know about the quality compared to the Work Equips as well as the weight. Ligher is what I would prefer, but definitely 19's is the size I want to get.

Please let me know as soon as you can. Thanks!

Regards,
Old 04-16-03, 02:52 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Hameed, thanks for the compliment.

Honestly, Manaray's VR line of wheels isn't that great IMO...they're just average cast wheels, very unspecial.... And the VR5 Quest isn't availabe in 19"...plus it's a one piece wheel with wanna-be bolts along the edge...Manaray should have just stuck to making their higher end wheels...

The Work Equips are very nice wheels but fairly costly. Honestly, I would look into iForged wheels. They have 3 and 2-piece forged wheels so you get the strength and weight advantage of forged aluminum. Plus custom offsetting/disk settings...

www.iforged.com
Old 04-16-03, 04:23 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by Manaray
Hey Hameed, thanks for the compliment.

Honestly, Manaray's VR line of wheels isn't that great IMO...they're just average cast wheels, very unspecial.... And the VR5 Quest isn't availabe in 19"...plus it's a one piece wheel with wanna-be bolts along the edge...Manaray should have just stuck to making their higher end wheels...

The Work Equips are very nice wheels but fairly costly. Honestly, I would look into iForged wheels. They have 3 and 2-piece forged wheels so you get the strength and weight advantage of forged aluminum. Plus custom offsetting/disk settings...

www.iforged.com
Thanks Manaray, I will go over that site and look for an alternative to the Work Equips. Weight factor is important to me, however I think 18's don't do justice to the GS. The car is fairly big and I think it needs a minimum of 19's.

I will let you know what I pick so that I can get your opinion on them. I am no expert here..........

Thanks again!
Old 04-16-03, 01:13 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hi Manaray,

I found two wheels that I liked -
iFORGED Evolution 3pc and
iFORGED Swift 3pc (both in 19 inch)

but they are just as pricey as the Work Equip Superchromes.

What do you think of these two styles?

Last edited by Hameed; 04-16-03 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-17-03, 02:17 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Contact Peter @ Wheel Experts (www.wheelexperts.com) for a price. They won't be as expensive as the Equips...not only that, if you bend or mess up a lip, they're located in California so you can actually get a replacement (or get it fixed by them)...don't get me wrong, the Work Equips are awesome wheels, but the iForged offer some very strong advantages. I wouldn't have picked them myself otherwise.
Old 04-17-03, 04:30 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Contact Peter @ Wheel Experts (www.wheelexperts.com) for a price. They won't be as expensive as the Equips...not only that, if you bend or mess up a lip, they're located in California so you can actually get a replacement (or get it fixed by them)...don't get me wrong, the Work Equips are awesome wheels, but the iForged offer some very strong advantages. I wouldn't have picked them myself otherwise.
Thanks Manaray! Which particular model of Iforged wheel do you have? Is it the Seneka model in 20 inches?

What are the very strong advantages that iforge offer?

Last edited by Hameed; 04-17-03 at 04:31 AM.
Old 04-17-03, 06:43 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

I will put up pictures of my rides soon....

As for the advantages, well like other custom wheel manufacturers, they can do custom offsets and disk settings (for big brake kits)...and rather than having "cookie cutter" setups, they are fully customizable. Of course, they're forged centers and they offer both 3-piece (bolts) and 2-piece (no bolts). With 2-piece you can maximize the lip size. With 3-piece wheels, you're limited to have say a 3" or 3.5" lip...even if you can do a 3.35" lip, unless they make both the inner and outer lips in the right sizes, you can't get that setup. With most custom manufacturers, on the lips, they get them from an outside manufacturer. Now with 2-piece, they can set the center exactly where it needs to be. If you can support a 3.36" lip, then they can put it right there. Much fewer limitations....

Also, iForged gives you high quality wheels for a reasonable price (compared to some other brands)...and like I said before, they're local (in the USA anyways) so if you need to get a replacement lip or a repair done, it's completely do-able...try getting a JDM wheel lip....
Old 04-17-03, 06:50 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks for the insights Manaray!

On Iforged's website, they only show the 3 piece wheels. Are those same designs available in 2 piece without the bolts (on the wheel)? Or am I mixed up again as usual?

Last edited by Hameed; 04-17-03 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-17-03, 07:10 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

....if you need to get a replacement lip or a repair done, it's completely do-able...try getting a JDM wheel lip....
No doubt.
Old 04-18-03, 05:09 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I will put up pictures of my rides soon....
You tease!!! Please post them up soon!!
Old 04-19-03, 02:24 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Yes, they offer 2-piece version (NO BOLTS) of most of their 3-piece wheels. Not really up on the site yet....please be patient guys....it took some time to "finalize" my setup...