Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

ASANTI customer service and products are way better than sevas wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-07, 12:18 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Thumbs down ASANTI customer service and products are way better than sevas wheels

I purchased my gs350 in early sept o7. Two weeks after I ordered a set of Sevas R77 wheels. I waited almost 10 weeks with no wheels. Then when the wheel guys I made the purchase through check on the arrival of the sevas wheels (which had already been delayed twice by 4 wks total) they said it would be another 2 weeks. Needless to say I was already pissed and sick of rolling on stock wheels so I cancelled the order. Initially when ordereing the wheels the guys at the wheel and tire place rec. Asanti wheels. To make a long story short I ordered a set of custom wheels that arrived to me in 2.5 weeks and they are backed by one of the largest and well known wheel companies(lexani). Just looking at the wheels you can tell the quality of the chrome is excellent and the design is unique and beautiful. Even the rivets they use to construct the wheel have the name asanti stamped in each one. Top quality, top customer service, I think this wheel belongs on a lexus. I am happy in my decision to cancel the sevas wheel bec of the horrible customer service, product quality issues with their line of cast wheels, and the inability to deliver their wheels in the time frame that they set up. Sevas wheels seems more like a mom and pop family run bussiness than a large reputable wheel comapny. When I ordered the sevas wheels I figured the small company would be cheaper and probably have better customer servicve bec of the need to spread the name. WRONG!!! Even the guys at the wheel shop said they were no longer taking orders for sevas wheels after my experience. Im not saying that my experience with sevas is the norm, but none the less it was my experience with Sevas wheels
Old 12-20-07, 01:37 AM
MELODY7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What The Hell Is Sevas? And Asanti Wheels Are The Greatest At The Moment. Props.
Old 12-20-07, 07:47 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, Sevas is a Mom & Pop operation. I guess thats why customer service is lacking. I've had Sevas on my G35 for about a year with no problems. There were a few reports of issues with their cast wheels but I believe overall MOST of the people that have their wheels are happy.

Six weeks is too long to wait for any wheel. You made the correct decision by canceling your order. Where are the pic's man ?

Last edited by TriniGS; 12-20-07 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-20-07, 08:00 AM
RI-Lex
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I might be getting wheels soon, is actually good to read this, since i like a few wheel style from Sevas they were one of my choices
Old 12-20-07, 08:03 AM
vinnieg24
Driver School Candidate

thats insane. thanks for the information
Old 12-20-07, 05:03 PM
lexusgs408
Lead Lap

wow thanks for the 411
Old 12-21-07, 12:36 AM
RufRidn
Pole Position

Asanti
Old 12-21-07, 09:25 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've bought 2 sets of the 1 piece Sevas with no issues. Customer service was excellent. I've called a few times lately to inquire about the new forged wheels. They gave me a good price and promised the wheels in less than 2 weeks. Sometimes things happen that are not always the fault of the manufacturer. You said from the jump your dealer didn't recommend them. He may have a personal issue with them. Ya never know about these things. There are always 2 sides to a story, then the truth.

Plus, you can't even comment on the wheel quality since you opted out of them and didn't get to see and feel them. Just stick to what you experienced...it didn't turn out well. Since you weren't the one talking to Sevas people, you don't know the real truth.

Last edited by Ice350; 12-21-07 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-23-07, 08:49 AM
LSonDubz
Driver

they will come through

Last edited by LSonDubz; 03-29-08 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-23-07, 11:37 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When wheels sell, stock has to be refilled. Happens a lot in any retail business because dealers are afraid to purchase too much unventory up front...in case it does not move and your money is tied up. It's up to the manufacturer to supply more. Then there's mucho competition, who gets the stuff first?
Only exceptions I know of are jewelry and dope. Suppliers in those markets will supply dealers up front then get their money once product moves. Problem is the consumer is often impatient, as I am and causes dealers to lose potential sales waiting for product. Sevas wants to make sales. It's hard to blame them. Why would they want to disappoint buying customers. Or any dealer in any field.
Old 03-27-08, 11:40 PM
kevdog
Driver School Candidate

Cool Got more info!! Did my homework!!

Great info, but honestly, never heard of Sevas! I was just looking for pics, but found this site. Just joined & wanted to say, "what's up!" Did my homework on wheels & wanted to share the wealth! I have a GS350 & wanted the best! My wife has a ring that almost costs more then my car did!! I told her I'm getting what I want!! Graciously she agreed. But back 2 da wheels. I wanted something w/ lip but found out the GS350 can only get a 4" lip at the most, not like those german pieces of junk, yeah Beamers! I looked for the best but something also reasonable. I looked at the MHT's ( have to go 3 piece forged for lippage! ) They were around $4300 ( package deal ). Went to a wholesaler in downtown LA & found a shop that was ready to deal. He hooked me up with the Asanti AF130's w/ Nitto NT555, 20's!! 3" in the front & 4" lippage in the back!! Mario told me it normally takes 3 weeks because Asanti custom makes the wheels to order! I left a deposit & then he told me if Asanti isn't promoting a car show, I should have my wheels in 2 weeks! Don't forget about the TPS sensors also!!! Tire Pressure System sensors in factory wheels!!! Asanti now makes them for their own wheels now & you will need the 90 degree angle ones, about $40 for all 4! So that's that!! I know, I can't leave you guys & gals hanging, but the package deal was a lot cheaper then the MHT's!!! I'm out!!!!
a
Old 03-27-08, 11:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

welcome to CL

although apparently, OP wasn't happy about his asanti at all (more bad experiences) and he's with some other wheels now

hope you get your wheels all good!
Old 03-28-08, 12:10 AM
kevdog
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!! You can expect pics in a couple of weeks!! Catch ya laters!!
Old 03-28-08, 09:00 AM
RufRidn
Pole Position

Welcome to CL, post pics when you get them, I was only able to get a 1.5" lip up front and 3" rear on mine wish I had a 3" front and 4" rear.

Heres a thread on mine

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=rufridn